Roast Alastair Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alistair Clarkson

Exactly. On the footage you could see the smirk on his face; he was clearly saying "we won't ruin our club's culture, unlike that other mob across town".

No need for it. He could've just said "history shows that offloading a few premiership players isn't good for continued success". No need to mention us specifically, whilst questioning our club's culture.
You so blinded by your hatred of Hawthorn and Clarkson that you're totally underestimating the fact that Clarkson is great mates with Damien Hardwick and would've no doubt heard from him about just what it was like at that time of Hardwicks career and the others who were traded or stayed at Windy Hill and lost their teammates.

Perhaps he could've said like you've quoted without naming Essendon, but then his point would hardly have been as valid. Anyway the little hissy fits that some posters are chucking in here are just embarassing.

Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry is there? Clarko just stoking the smouldering fire that Lloyd lit in round 22:p

If you are going to dish it out you have to be prepared to cop some back.:thumbsu:

Anyway the little hissy fits that some posters are chucking in here are just embarassing.
wbAFLclarkson_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

None quite at this level of embarrassment however. :p

Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry is there? Clarko just stoking the smouldering fire that Lloyd lit in round 22:p

If you are going to dish it out you have to be prepared to cop some back.:thumbsu:

Mate we did all our talking on the field in Round 22, where it mattered most. Hawthorn are the ones who like to dish it out and then have a whinge when it comes back around, that's not our style.

As for Clarkson, well its all been said really. He's just a tool. It's actually kind of amusing how unstable he is though. Hawthorn are ripe for implosion at any point when you've got guys like him and Kennett holding positions of power.

Clearly for the Essendon supporters with the chip on their shoulders.

Yes, I guess that's why we were the pnes who made the comment, Clarkson knows he was shown to be a whining bitch in round 22 and seems like all his cred went with it.

Suck it up Clarko, one day you might be able to kiss the feet of our great club, until then you're no worty to mention our clubs name you little midget ****:cool:

Who cares. I love the fact that Essendon acted so professionally after round 22, and Hawthorn crumbled to pettiness seen only from children throwing tantrums.

Reminds me so much of Carlton these last few years, claim they want revenge... We all know how that's turned out for them:thumbsu:

Have never ever liked Alister "KING HIT" Clarkson, asolute thug of a bloke who crys when things dont go his way!
Research the famous North v Carlton London brawl, 1987 i think to find a piece of ALISTARS work.

Piss weak excuse. I reiterate my point of there being no need to launch a premediated back-hander on the Essendon Football Club; his point would've been received had he said what I suggested.
Were you not on your own board during the 'Free Buddy' saga? The responses on this thread are relatively tame and level-headed in comparison to that embarrassment.
If he had of mentioned any other club, I could almost garantee that they wouldn't have a thread like this on their board.
It seems that round 22, and particularly what Brown and Clarkson said afterwards has really stung you guys and you're not coping too well with it. Almost every post regarding Hawthorn refers to Clarkson in a derogatory manner. Same for the entire club. Not just here, bomberblitz also.

So much for there being no rivalry, eh.

Actually I wasn't on the Hawk Board when Franklin got suspended, as I tend to get tired of that sort of concentrated hysteria.

Oh, and whoever posted that pick, thanks, I'd not seen it before. It's a ripper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have never ever liked Alister "KING HIT" Clarkson, asolute thug of a bloke who crys when things dont go his way!
Research the famous North v Carlton London brawl, 1987 i think to find a piece of ALISTARS work.
Yes its on U-tube, type in "North Melbourne vs Carlton London brawl"
and yes that is ALISTAR that king hit Ian Aitken 17 second in, virtually ruining his playing carrer!

How was he having a dig at Essendon?? He was trying to justify why Hawthorn don't want to trade away Premiership players.. He drew on the fact that Essendon declined after a period of success , in which he probably thought it could of been salvaged or reduced the impact somewhat.

You guys are reading too much into it .. much like the Headline and first paragraph.

The reason we are upset is Clarkson took the time to note our club.

As a previous poster mentioned he could have said "It's hard to hold the team with salary cap pressures as previous clubs have struggled with this". He didn't. Wanted to name Essendon just to keep the "fire" burning. After his hissy fit (which Essendon responded to responsibly and dispassionately) he is continually trying to keep it going.

Good coach, absolute tool of a bloke

The reason we are upset is Clarkson took the time to note our club.

As a previous poster mentioned he could have said "It's hard to hold the team with salary cap pressures as previous clubs have struggled with this". He didn't. Wanted to name Essendon just to keep the "fire" burning. After his hissy fit (which Essendon responded to responsibly and dispassionately) he is continually trying to keep it going.

Good coach, absolute tool of a bloke
You honestly believe that??? Even though he then went on to name the players who left and how that amount of players leaving a list is not ideal.

You guys need to let round 22 go.

You honestly believe that??? Even though he then went on to name the players who left and how that amount of players leaving a list is not ideal.

You guys need to let round 22 go.

I understand Clarksons viewpoint and I agree with him 100%. But if you are so deluded to think it was not in any way a swipe at Essendon well you my friend are the one eyed supporter.

The Brisbane Lions and Geelong Cats (and may be Hawks in the future) should thank Essendon because after that a valuable lesson was learnt in list management.

Aside from that, it was a dead set swipe at Essendon. Nothing wrong with that I guess, just not something we're used in this era of political correctness and media coached robots. One thing is for sure, if both teams have any sort of form going into next years match, it will attract a huge crowd. I can't wait for Bitch Slap - The Sequel.

Forget about Clarkson, he is irrelevant. It is classical Sheedy, have a dig at someone to deflect attention from himself. Nothing wrong with it. He is only trying to deflect the fact that the hawks sold their soul this week. Forget Pres Jeff embarrassing himself again(that is a weekly event), the Brown saga was pathetic, even worse the email to members that followed, surely no hawks supporter believed that dribble. Trading Kennedy was a disgrace, may as well tear down John snrs statue as well. I like Mark Williams comments, he's looking forward to playing for a big club. Enough said

wbAFLclarkson_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

None quite at this level of embarrassment however. :p

That is actually hilarious.

Cause Sheedy has never threatened player before?

Funny how times have changed reading through some of the posts in this thread.

You bomber fans used to call Hawthorn "insignificant", and how there was "no rivalry" not that long ago.

Now how big is the chip on your shoulder.

Its good though, I really like the rivalry, its just funny to read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back