Roast Alastair Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alistair Clarkson

Forget about Clarkson, he is irrelevant. It is classical Sheedy, have a dig at someone to deflect attention from himself. Nothing wrong with it. He is only trying to deflect the fact that the hawks sold their soul this week. Forget Pres Jeff embarrassing himself again(that is a weekly event), the Brown saga was pathetic, even worse the email to members that followed, surely no hawks supporter believed that dribble. Trading Kennedy was a disgrace, may as well tear down John snrs statue as well. I like Mark Williams comments, he's looking forward to playing for a big club. Enough said
There's more to come on the Brown saga. Our guys are very pissed at Port for what they did and how the media ran with it as us offering him up.

Kennedy wanted more opportunities. Sydney offered him 3yrs and more money. end of story.
Williams is on the decline, and with his knees giving him hell a 3yr deal was to be jumped at.
You say Willo wants to play for a big club, I think he'll be happy just to play.

Come on guys, he was reminding the world about your long forgotten 2000 premiership team. Where's the love?

Not that I want to cover old ground but my feelings at the time was that Heff, Blumfield and Caracella had to go. After injuries to key players after the premiership success in 2000 they weren't able to come in and fill the void. Personally I wasn't too upset. Hardwick was a different matter.

Essendon at the time were hamstrung by a massive back ended contract to Mark Mercuri and with player payment expectatioins on the rise there was little choice.

The pressure of the salary cap doesn't build in the 1st year or so after the flag, as the win will often buy you a few years of good will from the players who are willing to stick around at a reduced rate to win another flag. Its more a case of what happens in a season or 2 after that when you are not contending at the pointy end of the season when players are more interested in earning their market value.

Clarko will have a lot more deflecting to do should another flag not materialise in the net few years. By off loading all their ealry picks they are rolling the dice on their future development.

Yes its on U-tube, type in "North Melbourne vs Carlton London brawl"
and yes that is ALISTAR that king hit Ian Aitken 17 second in, virtually ruining his playing carrer!
Gee that was soft by Clarkson, how someone who committed a dog act like that can have any cred at all is beyond me.
King hit and try and run away, soft, soft, soft, glad he is the coach of the Hawks you can both catch flea's off each other.

Don't you guys see the significance of the Hawthorn Essendon rivalry?

Anything done by the clubs to publicly fuel this is all strategic it.

Don't whinge about it, revel in it. The albino should be firing shots back, it is good for footy.

Don't you guys see the significance of the Hawthorn Essendon rivalry?

Anything done by the clubs to publicly fuel this is all strategic it.

Don't whinge about it, revel in it. The albino should be firing shots back, it is good for footy.

Hawthorn supporter today are we, H2F? :p

Hawthorn supporter today are we, H2F? :p

lol ... Hawk for life.

But c'mon, if we cut the s**t Hawthorn and Essendon are the two most powerful brands in footy.

No amount of degenerate black and white supporters, can over-ride the things these two clubs have done for their jumpers.

Mutual respect and hatred should go hand in hand. :p

They just showed the two press conferences of Knights and Clarkson on today tonight back to back.
The void in class between the two has all the similarities of their respective playing careers.
Knights one club player (279 games, second in the 1995 brownlow) and former Captain of his club.
Clarkson fringe player at best traded to Melbourne because he couldn't cut it at North, best known for a cheap shot on an unsuspecting player.
I don't know why you bother with the constant cheap shots Clarkson, the Essendon football club couldn't care less what you think.
Worry about you own backyard before looking over the fence and work out how your team was the first team in ten years to miss the eight from winning the flag the year before.

They just showed the two press conferences of Knights and Clarkson on today tonight back to back.
The void in class between the two has all the similarities of their respective playing careers.
Knights one club player (279 games, second in the 1995 brownlow) and former Captain of his club.
Clarkson fringe player at best traded to Melbourne because he couldn't cut it at North, best known for a cheap shot on an unsuspecting player.
I don't know why you bother with the constant cheap shots Clarkson, the Essendon football club couldn't care less what you think.
Worry about you own backyard before looking over the fence and work out how your team was the first team in ten years to miss the eight from winning the flag the year before.
They are the key words here.

Took him 4 years to achieve. Let's see where Knights is in 2 years. My bet is you NEVER win a flag under Knights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish someone can come out and remind everyone about the clarkson incident in the 90's (sorry not really sure of the year) when he king hit a player and hid behind the umpire.

I am dieing for someone to say it to him in a press conference or something.

lol ... Hawk for life.

But c'mon, if we cut the s**t Hawthorn and Essendon are the two most powerful brands in footy.

No amount of degenerate black and white supporters, can over-ride the things these two clubs have done for their jumpers.

Mutual respect and hatred should go hand in hand. :p

As much as I hate the filth, the scum and the excrement, I can't imagine football without them. Would be a lesser game without the rivalries.

Anyway, Sheed's has had a crack at the little man. :thumbsu:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-footys-napoleon/story-e6frf9jf-1225785205128

Kevin Sheedy: Alastair Clarkson is footy's Napoleon

ESSENDON coaching legend Kevin Sheedy playfully compared Alastair Clarkson to French dictator Napoleon yesterday after the Hawthorn coach reignited the simmering war with the Bombers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-footys-napoleon/story-e6frf9jf-1225785205128

As much as I hate the filth, the scum and the excrement, I can't imagine football without them. Would be a lesser game without the rivalries.

Anyway, Sheed's has had a crack at the little man. :thumbsu:

Kevin Sheedy: Alastair Clarkson is footy's Napoleon

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA now do you see what I am saying?

Sheeds understands how to market this stuff, and Knighter needs some lessons.

Fire back, it's all about the rivalry of the two clubs.

In a sense, we are firing back by remaining silent. IMO Taking the bigger man approach is mighty insulting, making reference to the gaping difference in class. We can sit back, and let Sheedy do our fighting for us, while remaining professional. :thumbsu:

Not that I want to cover old ground but my feelings at the time was that Heff, Blumfield and Caracella had to go. After injuries to key players after the premiership success in 2000 they weren't able to come in and fill the void. Personally I wasn't too upset. Hardwick was a different matter.

Essendon at the time were hamstrung by a massive back ended contract to Mark Mercuri and with player payment expectatioins on the rise there was little choice.

The pressure of the salary cap doesn't build in the 1st year or so after the flag, as the win will often buy you a few years of good will from the players who are willing to stick around at a reduced rate to win another flag. Its more a case of what happens in a season or 2 after that when you are not contending at the pointy end of the season when players are more interested in earning their market value.

Clarko will have a lot more deflecting to do should another flag not materialise in the net few years. By off loading all their ealry picks they are rolling the dice on their future development.

WRONG.......We picked up three 17 year olds in last years draft (and one of those, Liam Shiels, would have been a top 10 pick this year) and topped up with experienced players this year because we forsaw that this years draft was compromised.

I wish someone can come out and remind everyone about the clarkson incident in the 90's (sorry not really sure of the year) when he king hit a player and hid behind the umpire.

I am dieing for someone to say it to him in a press conference or something.

Not defending Clarko for hitting Aitken but he got belted in return by Johnson and others. He was never reported again. What he did 15 years ago is completely irrelevant but it seems Essendon supporters keep bringing up this one incident like no one has thought of bringing it up before. Show a little more imagination

its pretty funny how u give us s**t when ur team has to play dogs to win in Rnd 22

This is the reason I hate Hawthorn. Before round 22, I respected Hawthorn, loved the tough way they went about their football. The hypocrisy from their staff and a majority of their fans was sickening. They won a flag playing an unsavory brand of football, which is a legitimate tactic.

For them to come out and accuse us of malice was as disrespectful as you can be to an opponent. They know they ****ed up, and by not letting it go, they are trying to act like it was all part of the rivalry.

Poor form and by remaining professional, we are adding insult to injury.

Not defending Clarko for hitting Aitken but he got belted in return by Johnson and others. He was never reported again.

So you're basically admitting that he is a coward. He dished it out, got his comeupance and was too scared to ever do it again.

What he did 15 years ago is completely irrelevant but it seems Essendon supporters keep bringing up this one incident like no one has thought of bringing it up before. Show a little more imagination

It's true that it is irrelevant to the Lloyd incident (well, apart from Clarkson's hypocrisy but that isn't on the shoulders of every Hawks fan. Oh unless you count all the Hawks fans who approved of roughhousing behind play cheap tactics from their side, but lets conveniently forget them).

However what odds would you like to place that from now on every time an Essendon supporter criticises a Hawthorn player for what they think is a nasty incident, a swarm of Hawthorn supporters will "irrelevantly" bring up Lloyd? Because, obviously, no one will have thought of bringing that up before. I mean it's not like Hawks fans have been whinging about it incessantly or anything.

I guess they just have a little more imagination...

Look at all you princesses quoting stories about the 80's and players hitting someone. That was how it was played back then, and Essendons history is no cleaner than anyone elses.
You're probably the same people who complain about the game getting soft.

Clarkson used the 2000 Essendon team as the basis for his "premiership model", it is the sincerest form of flattery.

Over the last five years Clarkson has made regular comments about the Essendon's recent premiership list, not out of spite or "sour grapes" but out of admiration. One example was during Hawthorn's premiership year much was made of Hawthorn's "unsociable" football, at the time Clarkson referred to Essendon's abysmal 2000 free kick for/against record. He went on to say good teams play on the edge, and Essendon's results in 2000 are a reflection of that aggression.

It does not surprise me at all that he refers to what he believes essentially broke Essendon's dynasty, and warns that it doesn't want it to happen at HFC.

To be honest I am a little surprised that Bomber fans are offended by his comments, if his pro-essendon comments over the last 5 years were not worth acknowledging, then why are you listening to him now?

Too lazy to look up exactly what Clarko said.

But, I thought he specifically mentioned salary cap pressure as forcing the trades of Essendon premiership players.

I thought he was making the point that losing those players as a group seriously damaged the fabric of your list. And that Hawthorn don't want to have the same problem....

I am surprised that you would take such offense.

Because it is hard to believe that losing those players improved the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back