Alberton Footy League - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

lol at John Schelling. "We the league would not entertain letting the Allies field twos only for a year."..Like it's up to you champ... Kyneton did it so there is a precedent... Anything roadblocked at league level like Yarram leaving just gets rolled over anyway. Sure keep burying your head but a club that can raise in the vicinity of $70000 a year is paralyzed by the bigger end of town/league. I don't care if there was one team operating out of the Yarram area they couldn't generate big sponsorship to match the big clubs and honestly who the hell would want to??.Have a bloody proper go you volunteers!!! Geography has a few clubs nailed to the wall but it's ok John, just keep punching mate, all will be sweet

What's the go with DWWW? Watched an Easter game last year when they played yarram.. Although they got beaten pretty badly, they really had a crack and were a pretty young side. Had some handy players that could of easily got a kick anywhere.

What's the go with DWWW? Watched an Easter game last year when they played yarram.. Although they got beaten pretty badly, they really had a crack and were a pretty young side. Had some handy players that could of easily got a kick anywhere.

Not sure if you heard but DWWW have withdrawn from all competition this season

Can anyone explain how the powers at head office could possibly think it's fair just to create bye's in DWWW's withdrawal? There are now so many bye's throughout the season and before a goal is kicked this season, the sides that get to play them twice are automatically a game ahead. Got to feel for sides like Inverloch that are in the top half of the draw (despite finishing 7th)

Can anyone explain how the powers at head office could possibly think it's fair just to create bye's in DWWW's withdrawal? There are now so many bye's throughout the season and before a goal is kicked this season, the sides that get to play them twice are automatically a game ahead. Got to feel for sides like Inverloch that are in the top half of the draw (despite finishing 7th)

Hearing rumours the draw is going to be changed despite some clubs not wanting it to change at all

Hearing rumours the draw is going to be changed despite some clubs not wanting it to change at all

I've also heard these rumours Carrolls. My belief is the draw should be changed to scrap the DWWW bye and just completely revamp the whole thing. If it were to stay the same, there are a number of teams that are greatly disadvantaged by the double bye so to speak. For a team such as Fish Creek who play DWWW in round 18, although they would gain 4 points heading towards the finals, this would mean that if they perhaps did secure a top 6 berth, they would be coming off a double bye in the first final giving them no chance of carrying any momentum into the finals series. That's just one example. Needs to be looked at and adjusted to avoid massive uproar from plenty of clubs.

That is all for now, RainOnMyParadians signing off.

I've also heard these rumours Carrolls. My belief is the draw should be changed to scrap the DWWW bye and just completely revamp the whole thing. If it were to stay the same, there are a number of teams that are greatly disadvantaged by the double bye so to speak. For a team such as Fish Creek who play DWWW in round 18, although they would gain 4 points heading towards the finals, this would mean that if they perhaps did secure a top 6 berth, they would be coming off a double bye in the first final giving them no chance of carrying any momentum into the finals series. That's just one example. Needs to be looked at and adjusted to avoid massive uproar from plenty of clubs.

That is all for now, RainOnMyParadians signing off.
Draw has been changed new draw on Alberton F.L. web site

My ladder prediction for this season...

Fish Creek
K-Bass
P.I
Daly
K-Burra
Foster
Inverloch
Tarwin
MDU
Stony Creek
Toora

My ladder prediction for this season...

Fish Creek
K-Bass
P.I
Daly
K-Burra
Foster
Inverloch
Tarwin
MDU
Stony Creek
Toora

Not too far off there "Kick it". Here's how I feel the ladder will sit...

K-Bass
P.I.
Fish Creek
Dalyston
Tarwin
Inverloch
K-burra/Bena
Stony Creek
Foster
MDU
Toora

Phillip Island in 2nd?

I'll have what you're smoking!

Certain top 3.

My guess

Killy Bass
Phillip Island
Dalyston
Fish Creek
Inverloch
Tarwin

Korumburra
MDU
Foster
Toora
Stony Creek

Haven't seen any teams yet but this based on last year/ clearances / general chitchat around clubs

Should be a good year!

Phillip Island
Kilcunda-Bass
Dalyston
Top 3
MDU
Inverloch
Fish Creek
Tarwin
Foster
To fight out for 4th to 6th position most likley MDU,Fish Creek & Tarwin
Toora
Korumburra
Stony Creek
Toora will win most improved side
Korumburra could go from grandfinalist to wooden spooners

Phillip Island
Kilcunda-Bass
Dalyston
Top 3
MDU
Inverloch
Fish Creek
Tarwin
Foster
To fight out for 4th to 6th position most likley MDU,Fish Creek & Tarwin
Toora
Korumburra
Stony Creek
Toora will win most improved side
Korumburra could go from grandfinalist to wooden spooners

I'll give this a crack after the weekends results. Need to be careful not to read too much into results. I went and watched 2 games on the weekend. As a long time AFNL supporter residing in melbourne, quite often my attendance is confined to Killy and Daly games.

Bass looked incredibly sharp on the weekend, Inverloch did well to stay in touch for 2.5 quarters but the class from the panthers was too strong. They will take some beating this year.

Made it to the second half of Daly vs Fishy game and they magpies were far, far too good. The new recruit Hamish Dick from Old Scotch seems a very handy pickup. Given the reported $1400 a game, he would want to be. Fishy just don't have the stock to make much noise this year methinks.

My ladder

KB
Daly
PI
IK
Fish
Korumburra
Foster
MDU
Tarwin
Stony
Toora

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Mark Bradley win the league medal last year? Reputation or did he play well, wasn't impressed with what I saw last week for Poowong. Lined up on the wing for most centre bounces for some reason.

Buggered if I know.
All you need to do is shut him down from handballing that will take him out of the game because he can't kick over a jam jar does take a strong mark thats about all.

How did the new list of Poowong players look on the park Saint Leo, surely they couldn't be the easy beats again this year after Notman gave recruiters an open cheque book !!!
I know they had alot of improving to do from last year and realistically from a couple of games i saw last year there were only three players that would get a game in a top end side, but what are their realistic goals and bench mark for the end of the season to not be a compleat fail ????

Looks like you have your ear to the ground down there at premiership city Panthercat, i see that Dale played on saturday and was named in the best for you guys, is he likely to be a regular inclusion to the already strong panthers ? and also who is shaping up to be the competition to stop you pricks winning 4 in a row ?

Looks like you have your ear to the ground down there at premiership city Panthercat, i see that Dale played on saturday and was named in the best for you guys, is he likely to be a regular inclusion to the already strong panthers ? and also who is shaping up to be the competition to stop you pricks winning 4 in a row ?

Really hope Dale remains a regular fingers crossed.
Dalyston & Phillip Island and was thinking Fish Creek until Saturday MDU travelling alright as well.
The Easter match between Bass & Dalyston will be a ripper and not to miss.
The other Easter match on the Island will be as boring as being stuck in traffic to get there.

Really hope Dale remains a regular fingers crossed.
Dalyston & Phillip Island and was thinking Fish Creek until Saturday MDU travelling alright as well.
The Easter match between Bass & Dalyston will be a ripper and not to miss.
The other Easter match on the Island will be as boring as being stuck in traffic to get there.

Of course MDU is travelling alright, they have been kissed on the pecker with the draw. Because the powers that be at HQ have a combined IQ of 13, it's going to be very difficult to get a read on the contenders until half way through the season.

Of course MDU is travelling alright, they have been kissed on the pecker with the draw. Because the powers that be at HQ have a combined IQ of 13, it's going to be very difficult to get a read on the contenders until half way through the season.

Obviously the league have taken a leaf out of the AFL's book and split the teams in to two groups when doing the draw this year. The top teams from 2013 and the bottom teams from 2013. The idea behind this I assume is to try to keep as many teams "in the hunt" as possible for as long as possible. I agree that due to this it will be very hard to get a gauge on who is really doing well till everyone has played everyone. The teams that are most disadvantaged are those mid-range teams who cop all the top teams twice. Someone always gets a soft draw and someone always gets a tough draw and like the big AFL until every team plays every team twice it will always be that way. Im not a fan of this sort of manipulation of the draw, but you just have to beat who they put you against. Early days the league looks to have tightened up a bit although K/Bass look to be a fair bit ahead of the pack again.

The AFL has split the league into 3 groups. This makes a lot more sense as opposed to 2 groups. There is too much discrepancy between the 6th best side and the top side. It would make more sense to group top 4, middle 4 and bottom 3.

Anyone who is interested I have a few metro footballers who are interested in country football around the mpnfl and sfl area, PM for more info

How stupid are mdu, spending money on tarrantt and didak,
If u were going to do that wouldn't u want your game to be Sunday? So people would come watch?!! Hope burra smash them bloody w***ers!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back