Universal Love Alex Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important comment he made was...'looking forward to getting stuck into preseason...'. That alone suggests that the club believes he can and will play again so to suggest quality of life stuff is totally understating both AJ and the club. You know what, I'll make sure I'm at that game!

One of the few highlights of a disappointing day yesterday was running into AJ on the way into the ground - I said to him I hope we see him next year back on the park and he responded that he will be back out there. There is a strong determination in that young man, and he would be such a massive addition to our back 6 if he can get back to form anywhere near that he showed in 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he get through the rookie draft with his ability??? Seems a risk
I think it has been done before when another team has swooped in and picked up a player (can't remember the specific example) but surely no team would be game to get in between the Swans and Johnson. Regardless of how disliked we might be, any team that did that would surely get eaten alive by the media if they did that.

I think it has been done before when another team has swooped in and picked up a player (can't remember the specific example) but surely no team would be game to get in between the Swans and Johnson. Regardless of how disliked we might be, any team that did that would surely get eaten alive by the media if they did that.
Unless it was the Bulldogs...

https://sydneyswansblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/alex-johnson-set-to-re-sign/
A tough week for the Swans has taken an upturn with luckless Swan Alex Johnson on the verge of re-signing with the club. The out of contract defender underwent a 5th knee reconstruction earlier this year and was facing a nervous wait for a new contract. Having previously battled infections with previous knee reconstructions, including traditional and LARS, he ran for the first time in 906 days on solid ground in September.

LOL. The media ignored the GF umpiring and our trade ban so this would be irrelevant to them.

In relation to the rookie selection I think it was Geelong selecting someone else's player (whomever that was).

The fact that we offered him a new contract and didn't delist and rookie list him must mean we have some confidence he can get back. Still a long road but here's hoping.

We miss his competitive hunger for the ball. 2012 grand final he didn't stop we missed that this year.

No matter where or when - I'll be there the day AJ runs back out onto the ground. I've set aside some funds for it already. When his name goes up on the teamsheet I'll be booking my flights (unless it's a NAB cup game in Adel).

Super stoked in his courage & determination. You can't buy that attitude. No draft pick will assure you that kind of dedication. Our club is so lucky to have him. The positive impact on those around him as he continues to pick himself up off the canvas time after time would be huge IMO.

Guys like Titch, Lamb or Mummy should look at AJ and feel lucky they got a chance to chase $ & "opportunity" elsewhere. It could have easily been them in AJ's position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back