Alex Jones - Piers Morgan Smackdown

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought that the increase in gun sales is due to fear that: A) The government will take away their 'right' to own these weapons and; B) Fear that the tragedy might happen to themselves or their loved ones. I can see this being manipulated, but is it really controlled by the gun lobby?

Also, that first sentence should be repeated ad-nauseum until the next generation gets it. And the next. And the next.

Both of those are 100% correct. People who fear their guns will be taken away go out and purchase more guns, then others fear for the safety and by more guns. How much of this is manipulated by the NRA...I am not sure. What I do know is their influence over the Democrats and the Republicans. Most lilkely the only reason gun regulation is being brought up by Obama is so nothing gets passed and the Conservative Wing of the Democrats and go to the gun lobby and say, 'See we stopped gun regulation, give us more money'

These two interviews were done about a week after the interview with Piers Morgan.

Here's another example of how the right promoted Alex Jones: in 2016 Jones spread the conspiracy theory that Jade Helm -- a U.S. Army exercise in Texas-- was a secret Obama Administration operation to stage an invasion of Texas to seize the guns of private citizens. Gov. Greg Abbott's response? He publicly announced he was concerned and would have the head of the Texas National Guard keep an eye on things...as if the U.S. Army couldn't be trusted while Obama was commander-in-chief. Abbott could have pronounced it all nonsense, but he chose to give Jones credibility. Playing to the base has its consequences: the base keeps getting crazier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back