Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
it's a pity you can only have one prefix in a thread title because I wanted to Toast and Roast.

Firstly congrats to the boys who were chosen in the 40 man squad
Heater
Cogs
Sculls
Uncle Toby
Cement Head

Great work from the boys - all worthy of their spot.

But seriously.... No Zac Williams? A truly WTF decision to leave him out.

Congratulations to the guys who did make the squad - absolutely fantastic seasons and well deserved. :thumbsu:
Well done to those who must have been in consideration, which would have included Dylan Shiel & Zac Williams - great seasons also. :rainbow:

Unfortunately for Zac he isn't even the best rebounding half back for us so his chances of making it are very slim when there are some other very good players in the comp playing the same role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to interrupt guys, but a guy at work today was adamant Toby Greene will finish top 3 in the Brownlow.

Do you guys give him a sniff, cause he's paying $2500 at the moment to win.

He likened him to Ben Cousins today!! :huh:

Sorry to interrupt guys, but a guy at work today was adamant Toby Greene will finish top 3 in the Brownlow.

Do you guys give him a sniff, cause he's paying $2500 at the moment to win.

He likened him to Ben Cousins today!! :huh:

The Brownlow is a midfielders award. I cant see Toby getting more than 14 or so votes, under any circumstances.

it's a pity you can only have one prefix in a thread title because I wanted to Toast and Roast.

Firstly congrats to the boys who were chosen in the 40 man squad
Heater
Cogs
Sculls
Uncle Toby
Cement Head

Great work from the boys - all worthy of their spot.

But seriously.... No Zac Williams? A truly WTF decision to leave him out.

who in the AA squad would you drop for Williams

The Brownlow is a midfielders award. I cant see Toby getting more than 14 or so votes, under any circumstances.
I had him lucky to poll 10, max.

Then when the AA squad was announced he put another $20 on him.

Either he's the worlds worst punter or the fix is in and he knows it.

I had him lucky to poll 10, max.

Then when the AA squad was announced he put another $20 on him.

Either he's the worlds worst punter or the fix is in and he knows it.
He'll be crowned worlds worst punter before Uncle Toby gets the Brownlow. Certainly won't be this year given his role as a small forward. He gives the umps too much lip and is prone to some unnecessary niggle that would also count against him. His running style is is very reminiscent of Cuz I have to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:sunglasses: I just dont see our guys winning Brownlows. There are too many great mids to share the votes around. Ward has traditionally polled highest and I expect he'll get less this year as Kelly, Williams and Whitfield in particular will poll more.
I'd like to be wrong but a team with a standout much more likely IMO.

:sunglasses: I just dont see our guys winning Brownlows. There are too many great mids to share the votes around. Ward has traditionally polled highest and I expect he'll get less this year as Kelly, Williams and Whitfield in particular will poll more.
I'd like to be wrong but a team with a standout much more likely IMO.

Black and Aker both won in Brisbane's Fab 4.
Ablett won in Geelong's stacked midfield.
It's not impossible.

That's debatable. Shaw has a pretty good claim on being our number 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rank them:
1) Shaw
2) Wilson
3) Williams

Though Wilson was down in form in the last month, he was leaving Williams for dead earlier in the year.

There is an argument that having class around you just helps more, particularly if you are an edge above your team mates. Looks like Danger will do it along side Selwood and co.
I really do hope you're right. I actually think Geelongs midfield is a bit of a one man band though. Guthries not the spud I thought he might be, but still.

Afl.com.au team of the year

image.jpeg

Heater an obvious selection

image.jpeg

Scully a well deserved nomination despite main board inability to let go of his prior years form.

image.jpeg

Toby the surprise packet! Expected to see Dylan Shiel here

image.jpeg

And of course no team is complete without my main man Coniglio!!

And of course congratulations on our All Australian squad players

image.jpeg

GWS-sb-AFLM.jpg

Stephen Coniglio.
Never previously All Australian. 21 games in 2016. 272 kicks, 65 marks, 319 handballs, averaging 13.0 kicks, 3.1 marks, 15.2 handballs. 11 goals 10 behinds. 118 clearances, 78 inside 50m, 33 rebound 50m. 116 tackles.

Toby Greene. Never previously All Australian. 21 games in 2016. 259 kicks, 102 marks, 192 handballs, averaging 12.3 kicks, 4.9 marks, 9.1 handballs. 39 goals 25 behinds. 37 clearances, 115 inside 50m (third in the AFL in I50), 13 rebound 50m. 78 tackles.

Tom Scully. Never previously All Australian. 22 games in 2016. 261 kicks, 107 marks, 280 handballs, averaging 11.9 kicks, 4.9 marks, 12.7 handballs. 21 goals 11 behinds. 65 clearances, 105 inside 50m (eighth in the AFL in I50), 33 rebound 50m. 93 tackles.

Heath Shaw. All Australian 2015. 22 games in 2016. 468 kicks (first in the AFL in kicks), 172 marks (third in the AFL in marks), 71 handballs, averaging 21.3 kicks, 7.8 marks, 3.2 handballs. Zero goals zero behinds. 11 clearances, 36 inside 50m, 172 rebound 50m (first in the AFL in R50). 58 tackles.

Callan Ward. Never previously All Australian. 22 games in 2016. 257 kicks, 77 marks, 278 handballs, averaging 11.7 kicks, 3.5 marks, 12.6 handballs. 15 goals 12 behinds. 128 clearances (10th in the AFL in clearances), 88 inside 50m, 30 rebound 50m. 104 tackles.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back