All Things Politics (excluding Israel/Palestine)

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed that bit.

It's a real thing, that Qld 'go ahead spirit', best exemplified by the Fitzgerald inquiry.

Australian athletes have had too much smoke blown up them for so many years, they have lost whatever sense of perspective they ever possessed in the first place.
I like the idea of Queensland doing it proper Queensland style.

" Good to see ya. The tracks over there. The dunnies out the back. Watch out for the redbacks and snakes."

I enjoyed that bit.

It's a real thing, that Qld 'go ahead spirit', best exemplified by the Fitzgerald inquiry.

Australian athletes have had too much smoke blown up them for so many years, they have lost whatever sense of perspective they ever possessed in the first place.

Truth is, they do “go ahead”, but then Nick/Pendles/Checkers/Nick/Jordy and they ain’t ahead no more…

That is cause for increased optimism, I hope something material comes of it.

EDIT: If this is what we’re congratulating Albanese and Wong on, you’ll forgive me if I contain my exuberance.

Last edited:
FFS.
Do the Victorian police understand what their job actually is?
This is Australia. And the right to protest is a core of what Australia is. We would still be In Vietnam if not for protest.
While I don’t agree with the protesters on this issue, I fully defend their right to protest.
And for the police to complain about having to deploy resources is to misunderstand what they are paid to do.

The police want the protesters to apply for permits. As one protest organiser said “how do we apply to protest against the government who are issuing the permits”?
Just keep your mouths shut and do what you are paid to do

FFS.
Do the Victorian police understand what their job actually is?
This is Australia. And the right to protest is a core of what Australia is. We would still be In Vietnam if not for protest.
While I don’t agree with the protesters on this issue, I fully defend their right to protest.
And for the police to complain about having to deploy resources is to misunderstand what they are paid to do.

The police want the protesters to apply for permits. As one protest organiser said “how do we apply to protest against the government who are issuing the permits”?
Just keep your mouths shut and do what you are paid to do
We probably don't agree on much. But this is exactly right. Our freedoms are being eroded one by one & nobody seems to care.
Probably 80% of protest marches I don't really agree with. But rights are rights & they must be fought for & defended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back