Allen Christensen

Remove this Banner Ad

dima17

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Allen Christensen (Geelong Falcons, VIC)
Height: 176cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 19/05/91
Recruited from: Lara
Prolific ball winner who amasses plenty of contested possessions. Sound decision-maker who is extremely clever around goals. Vic Country U18 representative in 2009.

i really like the sound of this kid and i think rather than chasing a luke ball, paul haselby or other inside midfielder, we should just try and get this kid.

he is VERY highly rated out of the falcons (and we all know what kind of talent they produce!) has potential to have a joel selwood influence in his first few seasons beacuse of his freakish ability to read the game and get his own footy.

he will be a cult figure and a much loved member to whatever club he goes to.

your thoughts???

Recruiters call him the autumn leaf and he burns the footy. If he gets knocked over easily in TAC games what do you think would happen in the AFL? Someone will take a chance on him in the second round but I hope it isn't Collingwood.

i was just making the point that we shouldn't chase current inside players who's futures are questionable. i would rather this kid.

and in response to alfie, teams above us probably won't pick him up because they will want all the tall forwards and KPP first. plus, interstate teams will be inclined to get local talent which would lead me to beleive this kid will slip through to end of first round.

and as for the "autumn leaf" comment. the kid does get pushed around alot, but he gets back up every time and he is tough, despite his size. plus he gets a sh*tload of the ball - including contested so that argument doesn't really stand up. he also gets tonnes of free kicks because of his size and hardness at the ball - similar to the way joel selwood attracts free kicks.

i'm just saying that he would'nt be a bad choice considering guys like o'bree are going to be gone soon. u need in and unders and this kid will get a stack of that

I like him, but the point has been made that he's only 176cm which puts him at a decided disadvantage at AFL level.

I was about to say 'Jarryd Blair'! After watching the GF, it's so painfully obvious we need a guerilla ruckman to help out Woodie. He would have been monstered on Saturday by Ottens/Blake or Gardiner/King. Especially when Gardiner was playing dirty.

ive heard about this kid another player from St jospehs geelong (Nick Maxwell,Ling,Bartel are the others) is a ball magnet and is handy around goals half foward flanker i think.

Christensen isn't slow.

That said, he's not nearly the inside player that is being suggested in this thread... I've heard the names Joel Selwood and Luke Ball in this thread? Not right :thumbsdown:
If he was slow and 176cm he would stand no chance of being drafted let alone rated

At 176cm speed is a must

no-one sed he would be like selwood or luke ball. i was just likening him to some current afl players so that people could beter understand what type of player he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no-one sed he would be like selwood or luke ball. i was just likening him to some current afl players so that people could beter understand what type of player he was.
And that's why I pointed out that those players as a comparison of what type of player he is are incorrect - He is not of that type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back