Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger of losing him for nothing.....Only sign for 2 years and conveniently will be a RFA when contract expires!!!!

my point is ..its a "Danger"-field type situation ..he signed for 2 years and then had two years to work out what to do. Clubs will be into him for a long time..but WC will have 2 years to prepare and have cap space. Of course in 2 years time , it may have changed and RFA/UFA maybe be less years.

my point is ..its a "Danger"-field type situation ..he signed for 2 years and then had two years to work out what to do. Clubs will be into him for a long time..but WC will have 2 years to prepare and have cap space. Of course in 2 years time , it may have changed and RFA/UFA maybe be less years.
I was thinking more along the lines he thinks that WCE have another 2 year flag window. End of 2 years if they win one hes gone and if they don't recess.

Lot of players are doing it now. Most then re-sign with their club anyway, but it means they know they can effectively walk wherever they want without worrying about getting a trade done (in most cases) or can bump their demands of their current club up a bit with the threat of FA.

Wow is it just me or does his smell like danger for WCE losing gaff in 2 years for nothing to free agency??
he wanted 3 but the eagles wanted 2. Some thing to do with TPP. He will mostly likely get an extension next season.

he wanted 3 but the eagles wanted 2. Some thing to do with TPP. He will mostly likely get an extension next season.
Find that very very hard to believe!! Surely if he wanted 3 they could front loaded or back loaded his contract to make it work.
Reckon it was Gaff that only wanted 2!

Lot of players are doing it now. Most then re-sign with their club anyway, but it means they know they can effectively walk wherever they want without worrying about getting a trade done (in most cases) or can bump their demands of their current club up a bit with the threat of FA.
Not trying to be a knob or anything (cause I honestly cant think of any) but who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find that very very hard to believe!! Surely if he wanted 3 they could front loaded or back loaded his contract to make it work.
Reckon it was Gaff that only wanted 2!
You can find it as hard to believe as you want, that was from Gaff's side, not WC's. My guess is he agreed to 2 on the provision he is offered an extension at the end of the year.

The cap is increasing and the club is probably assessing the potential of the trade period and contract demands.

Not trying to be a knob or anything (cause I honestly cant think of any) but who?

I obviously pay the most attention to Brisbane Lions players, and it's become a definite trend to have your contract expire on your eighth year with the club, e.g. Jack Redden, Daniel Rich. Looking at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-03/the-2016-free-agent-list, Watts, Sidebottom and Vickery are all other examples from this year. Obviously Dangerfield would've been an example last year. Almost all re-sign with their original club, but it's a handy bargaining chip that puts a bit more control in the player's hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back