Injury Andy Os confirmed ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

When you think about the promise this guy showed in 2009, and could have been the Rising Star, this is just heart-breaking.

He hasn't been the same after his first one, I don't know how he'll get back from here.

Gone the traditional reco, won't be back before 2016 if at all. Sad news
Doubt he'd retire as he's only 25 - albeit he does have University qualifications (Commerce from Adelaide Uni IIRC) so it's not like his AFL career is the be all and end all. But even if he doesn't return until the start of 2016, he's a popular player and the club won't delist him.

He's contracted until the end of 2015 so I guess they might offer a one year extension to give him a chance in 2016 to regain his form and fitness.

Devastating news for otten, but will be back better than ever. His body looked a tad heavy this year, so the rigours of the rehab might help him gain his yardage back.

Doubt he'd retire as he's only 25 - albeit he does have University qualifications (Commerce from Adelaide Uni IIRC) so it's not like his AFL career is the be all and end all. But even if he doesn't return until the start of 2016, he's a popular player and the club won't delist him.

He's contracted until the end of 2015 so I guess they might offer a one year extension to give him a chance in 2016 to regain his form and fitness.

Yeah but even if we recontract him, getting back to best 22 with 2 dodgy knees is far from a certainty. It won't surprise me if he's played his last game. Not being negative for the sake of it here, and really hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me. Poor blokes got a journey ahead of him thats for sure.

Really sad news for him, as someone who has had a number they suck. And it's never good to know that you don't have '1 good knee'. I found I was unsure about anything knowing they had both gone.

Such a nothing incident too. One of the more innocuous injuries you will see.

Gotta say, not sure how he will go now. I expected him to be floated as real trade bait this silly season as we had seen his best years. That won't happen now and the Club will look after him but come 2016 I am not sure where he sits.

Really crap news!

Hope the operation & the rehab goes well. Hopefully can get back for some SANFL games late next season & be ready for AFL in 2016.

Reckon he should build up his strength in the gym to become a KPP, as he is no longer going to have the same mobility (just don't bulk up over the top like most did last year).

Was it his good or bad knee?

Horrible time to get injured. Was already in a bit of a slump. I guess this means he's going to have two reconstructed knees. Given that he's already pretty slow, this even more horrible news. Could find it very hard to get back into the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing for Andy. Two ACL's in his career now which almost always ruins a players career. Good luck to him.

Team wise he's certainly replaceable. Hasn't played his best footy this year. Has obviously lost speed over the years and this second reco will probably make him even slower unfortunately.

Hope he can get back.

Has now ruptured both ACL's, first the left one and secondly the right one. Good idea to avoid LARS. An ACL can be 9 to 15 months out. Good luck Andy.

Awful news, and if his recovery is anything like last time he won't be up for much in 2016 either.

Big decision for the club to make. Can they make the tough call if it's what's best for the team going forward?

It's a cut-throat business for sure and Andy's case is a very hard one. He's contracted for 2015, so no issues there, but what of 2016. You would think that at the absolute minimum he'd get a rookie contract, but that would be at the harsher end of the spectrum. I suspect the club would extend him to end of 2016 and give him a chance to set himself for a return to afl form in the middle of that year.

Really feel for the bloke, looked like really being a player before the first one. Has come back from that with a different body shape than that of the tall midfielder we were told he was going to turn into. Wonder whether the first knee cost him the agility required to transition into that type of role or if that might still be on the table after this recovery.

Anyway, best wishes to the bloke, hope he gets back to afl footy again. Just not fair at all.

Has now ruptured both ACL's, first the left one and secondly the right one. Good idea to avoid LARS. An ACL can be 9 to 15 months out. Good luck Andy.
Would have thought LARS would be a good option if it was available. He's contracted next season, would surely need to play football next season in order to get another one. It's play next season or get delisted. A traditional 12 month recovery from Round 20 doesn't leave him much breathing room.

Terrible news, one serious knee injury is awful, multiple knee recons is just devastating

IMO it's difficult to see Otto getting back and playing quality AFL footy

Rotten news for both Andy and the club.

Our defence stocks are getting mighty thin now with only Talia Rutten and Luke Thompson now available for the 3 talls in defence role due to injuries. We wouldn't want one of these to go down in the next couple of weeks.

IMO we should be going hard after Goldsack given the fact that next season there'll be no Rutten and no Otten, and Sam Shaw always going down with injury.

Goldsack is not a star but he's more than handy and has plenty of mongrel in him. He'd be more than useful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back