Qld Annastacia Palaszczuk Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

sky are up her so she's ok with me
She wouldn’t be too bad if Jackie Trad’s faction wasn’t controlling her and telling her what to do. It is a known fact that the real Premier of Qld flew out of the country when the heat was on her over the cross river rail project. Her husband buys a house next to the proposed route and the CCC says nothing to see here.
What’s the point of a federal ICAC when the CCC shirks it anyway? Police have enough powers to deal with this stuff without creating new bodies that won’t do their job and only target innocent people. At least Peter Beattie didn’t cat it and sacked a couple of corrupt government ministers when he was Premier.
I voted for him twice by the way and ****ed the budget up good and proper. Seems like a nice bloke but his party bankrupted us.

She wouldn’t be too bad if Jackie Trad’s faction wasn’t controlling her and telling her what to do. It is a known fact that the real Premier of Qld flew out of the country when the heat was on her over the cross river rail project. Her husband buys a house next to the proposed route and the CCC says nothing to see here.
What’s the point of a federal ICAC when the CCC shirks it anyway? Police have enough powers to deal with this stuff without creating new bodies that won’t do their job and only target innocent people. At least Peter Beattie didn’t cat it and sacked a couple of corrupt government ministers when he was Premier.
I voted for him twice by the way and f’ed the budget up good and proper. Seems like a nice bloke but his party bankrupted us.
Aren't factions a mother*er eh !

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk’s decision to take leave as bushfires continue to burn throughout the state has sparked a rebuke from an opposition frontbencher who called out perceived double standards.
As Scott Morrison returned to Australia and apologised after cutting short his holiday in Hawaii, The Australian confirmed Ms Palaszczuk has taken Christmas leave.
Opposition industrial relations and education spokesman Jarrod Bleijie tweeted: “So it seems the left-wing trolls have a problem with the PM spending time with his family on a short holiday but have no problem with the leader of the state … who (by the way) is responsible for fire response being on holidays and apparently just boarded a cruise.”

And there you have the usual double standards of the leftist media and idiot leftist politician!

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk’s decision to take leave as bushfires continue to burn throughout the state has sparked a rebuke from an opposition frontbencher who called out perceived double standards.
As Scott Morrison returned to Australia and apologised after cutting short his holiday in Hawaii, The Australian confirmed Ms Palaszczuk has taken Christmas leave.
Opposition industrial relations and education spokesman Jarrod Bleijie tweeted: “So it seems the left-wing trolls have a problem with the PM spending time with his family on a short holiday but have no problem with the leader of the state … who (by the way) is responsible for fire response being on holidays and apparently just boarded a cruise.”

And there you have the usual double standards of the leftist media and idiot leftist politician!
I’ve never heard of a politician trying to put out a fire besides Tony Abbott.

I’ve never heard of a politician trying to put out a fire besides Tony Abbott.
9E1375FB-F9EE-4345-96E9-5FA09451C635.jpeg
You mean like this one!

Scomo gets hammered in the media and this total failure of a leftist politician goes on holiday and nothing is said!

says it all about the media and how pathetic the left is

Scomo gets hammered in the media and this total failure of a leftist politician goes on holiday and nothing is said!

says it all about the media and how pathetic the left is
Probably because the fires were nowhere near as bad in Queensland as they were in Victoria and NSW. Also she went on holiday within Queensland, rather than jetting off to Hawaii and keeping the media in the dark.

That said, I'm not a fan of Palaszczuk and don't care if she gets rolled in the election later this year. She is bought and paid for by the mining lobby, and has done nothing for leftist causes, so she's really no better than the LNP. John Birmingham, who went to uni with her, had the measure of her. She's one of those insufferable bourgeois student politicians, who pretended to care about unionist causes for the sake of acquiring power.

Come to think of it, it might be better if she does get rolled. Then some corruption networks could get cut off before they've entrenched further (although no doubt the LNP will bring in their own), and Labor can then regroup under a more progressive leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corruption is a regular on BF, if you dont like something its corrupt :rolleyes: .

Here is one that has enough political players involved, decisions made the benefit political players:

A company linked to an array of Labor figures, which bought a mine for just $1, enjoyed multi-million-dollar refunds from its environmental bond after concessions from the Palaszczuk Government, Right to Information documents (RTI) show.

The ageing Blair Athol mine, which TerraCom bought from Rio Tinto, came with an $80 million rehabilitation bond that the Department of Environment and Science (DES) initially wanted to keep in full.

Key points:
  • Environment authorities wanted to keep the $80 million bond until TerraCom's topsoil trials succeeded
  • But TerraCom has gained access to almost half the cash
  • Lock the Gate says the Government made "an extraordinary set of concessions"

What are Queenslanders' estimations of how she's handled the Queensland iteration of COVID-19? So the restrictions, messaging, timing, and so on.

Not a leading question by the way, I don't have much of a feel for how it's been up there. The figures certainly show that for a state with a high number of infections (fair to say north of 1,000 infections is high), they have had very few deaths.

What are Queenslanders' estimations of how she's handled the Queensland iteration of COVID-19? So the restrictions, messaging, timing, and so on.

Not a leading question by the way, I don't have much of a feel for how it's been up there. The figures certainly show that for a state with a high number of infections (fair to say north of 1,000 infections is high), they have had very few deaths.

Like all Premiers she is popular, what that means in the ballot box later this year ...... are the Opposition of the same calibre as Vic, unelectable !!!

Like all Premiers she is popular, what that means in the ballot box later this year ...... are the Opposition of the same calibre as Vic, unelectable !!!
Not sure. It wouldn't be a high bar to clear, being more relevant than the Vic LNP.

The opposition are pretty awful. Newman set them back quite a bit I reckon, because he didn't invest in anything and just cut, cut, cut, including vital jobs like train driver instructors. I can't imagine Greater Brisbane, Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton have shed their view of the LNP since Newman's time in office.

The opposition are pretty awful. Newman set them back quite a bit I reckon, because he didn't invest in anything and just cut, cut, cut, including vital jobs like train driver instructors. I can't imagine Greater Brisbane, Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton have shed their view of the LNP since Newman's time in office.
Ya.He decimated Public Health jobs in Qld Health.
The bird who is Opposition leader is a twat.Always negative, no solutions.
ffs she picked on what the Premier was wearing one day.....
Silly lady.

Not sure. It wouldn't be a high bar to clear, being more relevant than the Vic LNP.

Whereas the Vic Libs are merely useless IMO, QLD LNP are a bunch of nuts, fruits and flakes.

There's a reason they haven't won government for most of the past 30 years.

Palaszczuk was struggling before (quite a few speculated that she could lose her majority), but of course her political stocks have greatly increased during this crisis.

Handling a crisis well isn't usually enough to win political office, but the state election is not far away so she'll probably be able to win another term based on the momentum caused by the crisis.

Helping her is the fact that Deb Frecklington is too much like Lawrence Springborg - i.e. a rural LNP member who isn't that charismatic or popular. I don't see how she manages to crack Brisbane and you really have to do that to win government. I understand Palaszczuk is widely disliked outside of Brisbane, so that could make the margin closer, but I'm not sure that's enough for Frecklington to win.

I think Palaszczuk has handled COVID-19 OK - of course she probably should have closed borders sooner, but I like her incremental approach to easing restrictions, and she's largely kept the coronavirus away from federal electorates like Hinkler/Fairfax (where it could have been lethal because of the extra retirees).

Labor is screwed at this year's election with Jackie Trad, Palaszczuk's #2 under a corruption investigation. They are probably going to lose South Brisbane too regardless of whether Trad stands for re-election or not, it went pretty close last election before this current furore.

Labor is screwed at this year's election with Jackie Trad, Palaszczuk's #2 under a corruption investigation. They are probably going to lose South Brisbane too regardless of whether Trad stands for re-election or not, it went pretty close last election before this current furore.
Are you watching, Angus Taylor?

I hate these anonymous complaints.
Put your name to your complaint, under natural justice your name etc can be redacted.

I am not sure the public are aware of the actual QLD Public Service rules for recruitment.
All recruitment has to be signed off by a Delegate. Specific level of Delegate for type of job.
If a Delgate declines then it is stopped and re advertised or Jems or whatever.

All applicants have the right of appeal to the Public Service Commision.

This is to do with Education Department, nothing more.
Pathetic by Bjelke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back