Injury/Rehab Annoying aching pain that wont go away, what is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeds40

Debutant
Mar 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have had this annoying ache on the side of my hip and glute medius area that just aches, sometimes worse than other times, it wont go away it has been like that for a while (months). It just feels like a deep ache in the glute medius area, i have been seeing an osteo and they have said i have a twisted pelvis so the left side which the ache is on is tilted forward. Does a twisted pelvis cause pain in the glute medius area? It feels restricted when i try to stretch the outside of the hip for the first time of the day like in the morning or if i havent done it in a few hours, but after a few stretches it feels ok. When running it is ok at first but after maybe 1km it will start to ache around the area, the osteo massages the glute medius when i see him, i have also been dry needled once in the area as well and when i am at home i have a trigger point ball that i use for it, when using the ball and i get the right spot on the glute medius it feels sore but like a good sore when i roll over it, but it never completely relives the aching pain and it just comes back, does anyone know what i may be? I was scared it may be tendon related but because my pain isnt directly over the trochanter area or close by the trochanter (more further up) the osteo doesnt think it is that. I have had this pain for a while.

The osteo has said my left side is weaker than my right side as well.

Could be a QL trigger point
Also, don't buy/read too much into pelvic twists etc (Every second person you meet without back or hip pain will have a twisted pelvis, so it may or may not be clinically relevant in your case)

Last edited:
How are you're fatigue/stress levels on average..."nagging" pain or pain that comes an goes without reason is usually a stress response from the body to slow you down purposefully so it, the body, can rest and until you do, or get your body to a state of pure parasympathetic dominance, that pain will poke it's head out every time you get run down but it will get more sensitive as you go by so even 'small' stress will be recognised as big stress to the body

Remove this Banner Ad

Back