Multiplat Anthem

Remove this Banner Ad

I have noticed a lot of people playing the public demo this weekend. What is everyone’s thoughts so far?

I've been in all 3 sessions so far and despite being a massive Bioware fan I can't find anything positive to say here. Even putting all the technical issues aside, which are a massive concern this close to release despite whatever they spin about it being an old build, I just haven't had fun with what I've played. Combat feels unsatisfying and gunplay lacks meaningful feedback, constant loading screens in bizarre places and the storytelling seemed completely uninteresting from what little we got. It just doesn't feel ready at all, I have a feeling this is going to have a disastrous launch and take many months before there's even a competent game here. If there's only going to be 3 strongholds at launch then the end game is going to be extremely thin and the player base will likely drop off very quickly.

I want this to be a success for Bioware's sake since they could well be done if this is a flop but I've got very little faith right now.

It definitely feels like it may just end up as filler before the division comes out

Got 80 percent through the Tyrant Mine Stronghold before rest of the fireteam had NFI and basically went AWOL in the next section which i tried soloing before being disconnected from EAs servers. Very frustrating.

This is much more a fusion of Mass Effect/Division than Destiny.

I like it. Movement is fun. The abilities are fun. Loading times a ******* s**t house though. I shouldn't have to load 2 minutes to get into a tiny room I'm in for 30 seconds then have to load another 4 minutes to get back to the game.

I want to buy it, but that really depends on if my good friend pantskyle and others buy it to play with.

I like it. Movement is fun. The abilities are fun. Loading times a ******* s**t house though. I shouldn't have to load 2 minutes to get into a tiny room I'm in for 30 seconds then have to load another 4 minutes to get back to the game.

I want to buy it, but that really depends on if my good friend pantskyle and others buy it to play with.

PS4 sir?

I've been in all 3 sessions so far and despite being a massive Bioware fan I can't find anything positive to say here. Even putting all the technical issues aside, which are a massive concern this close to release despite whatever they spin about it being an old build, I just haven't had fun with what I've played. Combat feels unsatisfying and gunplay lacks meaningful feedback, constant loading screens in bizarre places and the storytelling seemed completely uninteresting from what little we got. It just doesn't feel ready at all, I have a feeling this is going to have a disastrous launch and take many months before there's even a competent game here. If there's only going to be 3 strongholds at launch then the end game is going to be extremely thin and the player base will likely drop off very quickly.

I want this to be a success for Bioware's sake since they could well be done if this is a flop but I've got very little faith right now.

I wonder if different platforms are on different builds as this is almost the complete opposite to my experience. On PC I had zero technical issues except for one infinite load screen in 5 hours and the movement, abilities and weapons all felt very deliberate and had the amounts of thuds and feedback I would have expected. Definitely some strange loading screen placement though but they were inconsistent. First time I ran the stronghold there was a mid mission loading screen that just timed out on me and I had to force quit (my one infinite loading screen), but the next three times I ran it there was no loading screen in that spot. Probably just an asynchronous process that got triggered and never resolved, hopefully resolved in the release. Luckily on my system the other loading screens aren't very long otherwise it would do my head in.

Agree on the content though. I don't trust there will be enough and will fall the same fate as The Division at launch. Not many developers get the end game right in these sorts of games. To use examples you either have to go full WoW (which Destiny did with grinding higher level strikes to be able to get gear to be adequately attuned for a raid) or you go loot pinata with variable difficulties and randomised levels like Diablo (Warframe has copied this model). Three strongholds/dungeons/strikes that remain identical only with difficulty tiers for better loot but not gearing you up for any actual end game is not end game. Exactly the same thing happened with The Division and unfortunately by the time meaningful end game was included it was too late and everyone had moved on. That was a shame because the final state of The Division is fantastic and why I'm so pumped for Division 2. The only reason I'm in for Anthem so far is because I've got Origin Premier but so far I can't see any reason to continue playing once Division 2 is out.

Got 80 percent through the Tyrant Mine Stronghold before rest of the fireteam had NFI and basically went AWOL in the next section which i tried soloing before being disconnected from EAs servers. Very frustrating.

This is much more a fusion of Mass Effect/Division than Destiny.

You going through PS4 or PC at the moment? Happy to run through on PC if you're on later and want to get the stronghold done. I found so many crabs trying to play it on the first day of the VIP demo last weekend but by the second day everyone started getting the hang of it so it would probably be better today.

I also don't like that during missions another bloke can just run a head by himself and it will eventually teleport me via yet another loading screen to him. If he wants to run a head by himself that's on him, let me explore ffs

I get literally nothing of Bioware from this. If i didn't already know it was made by them i'd argue it wasn't.

You going through PS4 or PC at the moment? Happy to run through on PC if you're on later and want to get the stronghold done. I found so many crabs trying to play it on the first day of the VIP demo last weekend but by the second day everyone started getting the hang of it so it would probably be better today.

PC, but probably wouldn't have popped back on though, happy I got through a decent amount of it just wish the team hadn't gone AWOL.

You still getting it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also don't like that during missions another bloke can just run a head by himself and it will eventually teleport me via yet another loading screen to him. If he wants to run a head by himself that's on him, let me explore ffs

Haha i actually prefer this! who really wants to be flying for 5 mins doing nothing? Get me to the fight ASAP

Still sitting on the fence after the demo, i am hoping the waiting times will be better at launch but get the feeling this is going to be a repetitive mission snore fest where the only change will be the difficulty

really? how come?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For many of the reasons others have mentioned; Shooting doesnt feel good, UI is painful operate and the enemies are bullet spongy and super unsatisfying to shoot at, with most battles resulting in standing there for 5 minutes slowly dwindling down a health bar.

Im thinking of just signing up the premium EA Access and playing this for one month to test it and then either purchase the game and unsubscribe

I believe you can cancel at any time?

Not sure about the details around cancellation. Possibly if you opt for monthly but not for yearly. It’s a pretty good deal though. I think it’s $130 for premier? So far I’ve used it for BF:V, now Anthem, and the Origin vault extends further than just EA games. I think all of Warner Bros is on there as I’ve seen all the Batmans, Mad Max etc. When I see a game on Steam for sale that I wouldn’t mind getting (usually that’s buying, forgetting about and never playing) I now check that it’s not on Origin. I was interested in trying Darksiders 3 and noticed that’s in the vault. It’s not a bad service really if you can get over having to use Origin. Took me a while but I’m a fan.

Not sure about the details around cancellation. Possibly if you opt for monthly but not for yearly. It’s a pretty good deal though. I think it’s $130 for premier? So far I’ve used it for BF:V, now Anthem, and the Origin vault extends further than just EA games. I think all of Warner Bros is on there as I’ve seen all the Batmans, Mad Max etc. When I see a game on Steam for sale that I wouldn’t mind getting (usually that’s buying, forgetting about and never playing) I now check that it’s not on Origin. I was interested in trying Darksiders 3 and noticed that’s in the vault. It’s not a bad service really if you can get over having to use Origin. Took me a while but I’m a fan.

Sweet thanks,

I only want the monthly sub as im still up in the air if this game is gonna be good and with Div 2 coming out in March.....I probably wont revisit this game for a long long time (if at all)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back