Any Eminem Fans?

Remove this Banner Ad

5% of rap is fantastic, 5% OK, and the rest s**t. I rank him with the 90% group. As to all music, this of course is personal taste. If he floats your boat then that's what counts.

Well aslong as you don't think that 10% consists of the Lil Waynes, Drakes, Kanye Wests and Soulja Boys then I'm fine with that.

Well aslong as you don't think that 10% consists of the Lil Waynes, Drakes, Kanye Wests and Soulja Boys then I'm fine with that.

Nah, I'm an old school fan.

These clips are pretty much my cup of tea:

[YOUTUBE]bOFVL8w6WNA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]E9FbRN-w4Wk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6WbJ9Yc0whc[/YOUTUBE]

I'd consider Eminem an alright rapper, it's just the production and subject matter (lyrics) that does little for me.

Incidentally, how sick are The Roots? Name another hip hop band who have a sousaphone!! :D

Huge fan. One of very few rappers who once churned out a number of very popular mainstream songs (Without Me, Just Lose it, etc), but also raps about the serious stuff too (Mockingbird, Lose Yourself, etc). This is compared to the crap we get served today, like Soulja Boy. Most other rappers are rubbish IMO, such as 50 cent, who mumbles more than he raps.

I was pretty disappointed with Relapse however, as I was (wrongfully) expecting it to be just like his older stuff. That said, there were a handful of songs I really rated, with Beautiful (which was most similar to his classics) topping the list.:thumbsu:

rap_small.jpg

As a good friend of mine once said:

"You can tell the world is f*cked up when the best rapper in the world is white and the best golfer in the world is black".

The joke's a bit out of date now, but possibly still true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a good friend of mine once said:

"You can tell the world is f*cked up when the best rapper in the world is white and the best golfer in the world is black".

The joke's a bit out of date now, but possibly still true!

Wasn't that Charles Barkley?

And to Eons, I agree Encore & Relapse weren't that good, but The Eminem Show did not suck at all, that was a fantastic album. Till I Collapse, Say What You Say, Sing For The Moment, Without Me, Hailie's Song, Solider, Business, Cleaning Out My Closet, all great songs from The Eminem Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back