Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Well where the bottom is no one knows for sure.. But I do think once the dust settles we'll see a bit of a bounce back..

And if US markets are anything to go by, we started to see a bit of recovery in afternoon trading...

PEN up 10% on open today.

hopefully we've seen the bottom

I believe the global markets tanked at the precise moment you said this.

CFD's in a falling market is risky, if not stupid. Never try to catch a falling knife.

cos i was advocating to buy balls deep the moment i posted...

you can never get in at the bottom, always wait for the turn...

right now is PROBABLY the time.... nuclear threat seems to have passed, confidence returning...

pen, bmn, ext, dyl all nuclear stocks looking for gains...

sdl, lyc, mhm, aut, some others im watching...

I topped up PEN yesterday at 5.9 cents

I also topped up on Monday at 9 cents.

My original purchases was at 12

You can never know where the bottom is, but if u have confidence in a stock in the medium/long term, as I have had in PEN after reading a s**t load of stuff in the past 3 days, it cant hurt to top up.

Currently up 34% today. I'll be delighted if we can hold onto these gains for the rest of the day...

Topped up on SDL and CCC today which makes up a bit for UNX. I'll be riding those ones out as things will blow over in Japan and LT holder with them (especially now).I was hoping for another down day today though of about 5% before getting back in.

i can no longer tell if a meltdown is coming or not... the situation seems to change every hour... who knows if we're even being fed correct information... they want to take a chopper and fire truck in and hose down the cores, LOL... primative...

either two things are going to happen:
1. the meltdown threat passes gradually, we're seeing the bottomish of uranium stocks, they snap back a few % then recover slowly over the next year or so to former prices...
2. we see a meltdown, s**t hits the fan... this could trigger a major sell off, not just of uranium stocks, but entire markets...

valuing uranium stocks atm is entirely speculative... if we do see a meltdown, we dont know the future demand for uranium... we already know germany are shutting down reactors to stress test and what not, we could see a massive rethink on the nuclear issue... or we could see countries like china and america come out and back the technology etc...

anyway, if you feel like speculating:

pen: .075c
ext: $6.60
pdn: $3.40
bmn: 41c

they're my super awesome hot uranium tips...

@ soho - from what I have read the 'meltdown' in Japan has created the panic selling we have witnessed recently (this should obviously impact any uranium stocks)

We should be more concerned with the situation in Bahrain, (potential to impact strait of hormuz, Israel, eastern Saudi Arabia - ie the 5m barrels per day oil production Saudi Arabia controls) however since the GCC & Saudi's have gone on the offensive so to speak they have been able to take advantage of the split between the shiite in Bahrain to reduce the chance of a shiite (read Iran) eastern Saudi Arabia uprising which could potentially cause the price of oil to skyrocket to levels which may bring on another US market crash. (at the moment US appears strong compared to Europe which has ongoing issues with Portugal & Belgium debt levels)

In short, my understanding is Japan = uranium market & Japanese issue, Persian Gulf = world issue.

bahrain wont get out of hand, europe and america wont let it... ;)

Had been in TEX for nearly 18 months. Got out last week at 8.3 cents for a very minor profit to free up some funds.

Closed today at 12c:rolleyes:

enother 34% from PEN today. almost back to pre-tsunami levels. arent i rapt to have topped up at 9 and 5.9 cents. just hope it holds.

I think theres a few good bear market opportunites at the moment. Namely:

HOG
EXT
TTR (though I'd be waiting to see whats happening with the cap raising just announced)
EMA
BKP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well EIO certainly did have a retrace!

Have since accumalted around the 4c mark. I am now at my capacity to hold the stock.

Should be good for a trade as they have some intital results coming out by the end of march. Drilling due in April, so massive 6 weeks ahead.

Greed is sometimes a funny thing, should have been easily predicted that the SP would have its downturn, I did sell a large chunk at the high but bought in only marginally lower. Couldnt hold my nerve!

Still aiming for a 10c SP in the next 3-6months minimum. by this time we will have drill, aeromag & the deal signed. The directors are very positive on whats in the ground (they have been there, and seen the old soviet drill results). With their high credibliity i just can't see this turning out to be a dud, a valuation of 200m is not unreasonable when they think they have 2b (potentially more...) of IO close to key infrastructure.

DP,

Where is the best site to monitor company announcements? Not when they happen but when they're anticipated to happen? ie. EIO.

I use Hotcopper. There are daily threads on each stock. There are always posters starting new threads on everything from comments about drill results to when they expect the new announcements to come etc. A good forum to read about particular stocks.

In terms of when they are anticipated to happen, nobody would really know unless the company gives out information regards to a specific date or estimated time frame of when they expect the next announcement to be..

TGS are about to start production at their Kipoi copper deposit in the next fortnight.

Stage 1 - 35,000t Cu for the first 3 years at a cost of 29c lb. Market cap of $368m.

tigerresources.com.au

VRX - New company that is only went onto the ASX on 22 February 2011. Raised $6 million from 20 million shares on issue at 20 cents and only has 50 million total shares on issue. They are drilling for copper in the Doolgunna district which if you are not aware is the home of Sandfire's huge copper discovery from 2 years ago and rise from 10 cents to $7 more recently.

Disclaimer - I hold.

VRX - New company that is only went onto the ASX on 22 February 2011. Raised $6 million from 20 million shares on issue at 20 cents and only has 50 million total shares on issue. They are drilling for copper in the Doolgunna district which if you are not aware is the home of Sandfire's huge copper discovery from 2 years ago and rise from 10 cents to $7 more recently.

Disclaimer - I hold.
Chance of a takeover then?

I was speaking to my broker on the weekend and he was talking up Metrocoal MTE. He thinks they are a 10 bagger over the next 18 months. They were up 14% today, I don't hold any.

He was trying to get me into them when they were about 15c a couple of years ago.

DYOR as they hold good ground in the Surat Basin.

TGS up 8.5% on big turnover today. I tipped them 2 weeks ago, going to get rerated on their production. $1 by years end, maybe.

Jumped on ICN and SSN recently. Hopefully the litigation dramas surrounding ICN and Beach die down. That massive LNG deal with China is going to take off once they're set. Got in at $.205.

Reports are good for SSN as well. Jumped on at $.190 just recently, nothing doing at the moment though.

Jumped on ICN and SSN recently. Hopefully the litigation dramas surrounding ICN and Beach die down. That massive LNG deal with China is going to take off once they're set. Got in at $.205.

Reports are good for SSN as well. Jumped on at $.190 just recently, nothing doing at the moment though.
SSN is a risk gone up 1000% in the last year....wouldn't want to be caught at the top...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back