Any Stock Tips? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

If Europe can get its s**t together Woodside will be back to $50 before you can blink ;)

Dont see it myself. LNG company with a side of oil. Hasn't been a reason to be above 50 since GFC and nothing has changed significantly since then. I dont see anything coming up either that would cause it break past it.

I've been sitting on the sidelines all year. I'm still waiting for Europe to stumble which is looking more and more likely. Once Greece goes there should be a domino effect.

Sold out my positions in March and now I'm just sitting back and waiting. The panic seems to have started a month early this year, which is annoying because most of my money's tied up until June. :mad:

I've been sitting on the sidelines all year. I'm still waiting for Europe to stumble which is looking more and more likely. Once Greece goes there should be a domino effect.

Surprised it has taken this long, the real question then becomes what happens to Portugal, Spain, Italy....

Still interested to see how many domino's get smashed along the way.

My first thought is don't post how much you invested. Serves no purpose on evaluating your decision.

I don't know much about carsales.com.au to offer any other opinion

Just bought 10k worth of shares on ASX in carsales.com @ price avg of $5.50ish.

Thoughts?

I'm no financial or stock expert but I look at it this way - I buy stocks based on financial return - either dividend or capital return.
Looking at CRZ it pays about a 4% fully franked dividend, so it's on the lower end compared to stocks like TLS or banking sector.

From a capital return point of view it looks to be on the way up, so hopefully it keeps going that way. (no one really knows if it will or won't . .... If they did I wish they could tell me :))

Good luck with it :thumbsu:

I'm no financial or stock expert but I look at it this way - I buy stocks based on financial return - either dividend or capital return.
Looking at CRZ it pays about a 4% fully franked dividend, so it's on the lower end compared to stocks like TLS or banking sector.

From a capital return point of view it looks to be on the way up, so hopefully it keeps going that way. (no one really knows if it will or won't . .... If they did I wish they could tell me :))

Good luck with it :thumbsu:
Very much with you on looking at return, though you need to either look at dividend return or captial growth. Currently I'm focussing more on dividend return as I don't think there is great capital growth to be had in the market.

There are quite a few offering very good return on investment at the moment of between 7-8% fully franked. This is better than what you would get anywhere else, and provided you are willing to sit out the current panic you will be fine in the longer term. You need to always remember that dividend return investing is not for the short-term (unless the stock suddenly jumps in price), it is a longer term return where you are tying up money you have for income. If you have the capacity to do this then the current market is for you. If you want capital growth, then leave your money in a term deposit because there is too much risk at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first thought is that you should have waited for the market to sink lower. 3900 on the all ordinaries is just about a lock for mine.

At the start of the year one of the guys on YCYM predicted the all ords to sink to 3200 at some point this year. Can't remember his name but he was usually on the money when charting. The other guys on the panel scoffed at the time.

It got me thinking how far it could tank if everything hits the fan.That's still another 20% from here.

Anyone have a prediction? 3600?

3600 on one hand, fits this chart

https://twitter.com/Higher_Swing/status/203999381853192192/photo/1/large

large

Note: it isn't updated for this weeks data.

My dad's mate who is a stockbroker with Maquarie reckons it's a good time to get on Wesfarmers. Thoughts?

Am I the only one who thinks all this charting stuff is bullshit? Why the fascination with it on here?

I don't think it's BS.

I can't be arsed doing it myself and I get another one of my mates to do it for me as he's been doing it for ages.

I've always found it can be accurate predicting peaks and bottoms.

Am I the only one who thinks all this charting stuff is bullshit? Why the fascination with it on here?
the mere fact that a lot of people believe in it and base their trading habits on it means that it will have some impact whether you like it or believe in it or not..

What online brokers are the best?

commsec is, by far the best i've encountered so far.

though i hear that apparently commsec bought out the company that owns the platform that nab uses.. and nab is therefore frantically working on a new solution to compete with comsec and should be rolling it out (well they have to) before the comsec takeover thing happens, which i think was around august..

Why do you think it is BS?

It helps to define the risk and the reward and trade more diligently.

It really is incredibly how patterns, ranges and trends repeat and hold through time. It isn't coincidental.

Why do you think it is BS?

It helps to define the risk and the reward and trade more diligently.

It really is incredibly how patterns, ranges and trends repeat and hold through time. It isn't coincidental.

Could one argue it is the charting by professionals that is causing these patterns and trends to repeat over time?

Could one argue it is the charting by professionals that is causing these patterns and trends to repeat over time?

When over 40% of trades on the ASX are now automated it's past the point of bullshit.

Have poured into QAN after the price smashing.

Really think Joyce stunned the market so he could swing the axe on the international division, domestic growth was lost in the storm of a profit Downgrade, that's where the growth will come from.

It's a risky play but a lot of upside in that share price for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back