Anyone else triggered?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Not sure it's worth a thread but I could find anywhere else to put it.

Anyone else triggered with hearing Birds of Tokyo play 'Latterns' at the footy at the MCG? Last time I heard that was when I was there at the 2013 Grand Final. A legitimate tear came to the eye hearing it again.

Bloody hell I hope we get back there fairly soon and win a flag.

Anyone else triggered with hearing Birds of Tokyo play 'Latterns' at the footy at the MCG? Last time I heard that was when I was there at the 2013 Grand Final. A legitimate tear came to the eye hearing it again.

I get triggered everytime I see something Brian Lake related.

Made watching Survivor Australia difficult because it’s my favourite show.

Maybe we should of hung a couple of lanterns off Zak Clarke , I remember the game with uncommon clarity but the details of the day have disappeared besides the walk ' there ' in the great purple horde and a bit of a scuffle in the pub afterwards

I get triggered everytime I see something Brian Lake related.

Made watching Survivor Australia difficult because it’s my favourite show.
I live in the general area of him (when he's not in jail) and played footy against his local team last season. It was very triggering.

Oh man. Legit thought I was the only one. That’s scary
At half time at the GF. Emotional that day, hearing that. 1.6 and could’ve been in front..

I’m triggered by the song Counting Stars by OneRepublic. For some reason i heard that song a lot in the lead up to the 2013 grand final and now I feel sick when I hear it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the grand final and didn't remember it, Lanterns always reminds me of the Phil Walsh tribute from the Port vs Collingwood game.

My main music memory from 2013 was how stoked we were that Hunters and Collectors were doing the post game entertainment. They were always one of our favourite Aussie bands and we'd seen them live a few times. Kept saying in the build up whatever happens we can at least hang around and watch them one last time live.

After the siren we talked about it, even started walking out and then turned back to have a look but in the end our hearts just weren't in it :(.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back