Review Anyone recognise themselves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Both of my kids have separately asked whether their births were the greatest day of my life
I said, ‘No, Collingwood’s 1990 Premiership’
Was the best of times
I think Tony Shaw said the premiership cup was "the best thing he had ever slept with" - apparently he's still married to the same wife (Deb?)

Incredible day, and more incredible night.

Had take to look at that photo of guy sitting on the bonnet of the car with his head turned as I swear to god that was me. But, I've come to the conclusion must be someone else.

The party back at Vic park that night and the crowds were incredible. When the players come on to stage and belted out Good Old Collingwood ..... you get the idea ... will never forget that night.

Got home at 6.00am ..... missus was pretty angry but she hung around - but that night man ...never forget the joy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was still in primary school, albeit that I *did* attend the qualifying final draw with WCE at Waverley.

The only game I’m aware of featuring on the telecast was the 2003 qualifying final against Brisbane at the MCG... the one in which Didak slotted that set shot from the boundary and we won.

I went in 1990 and to the 2010 replay. 1990 is my favourite. Was 18 at the time and went to every match with a school mate.

My concession standing room finals series ticket cost me $20 at Bass. I was buying a ticket for the Semi against Essendon and was told it was not possible, I had to buy a ticket including the GF. $20.... And my mate was working at the G during finals up near the old scoreboard. There were seats there they didn't sell, so in the end my $20 standing room ticket came with a seat for both games. We beat Essendon by about 10 goals in both of those matches.

Happy days!

I was 16 and watched it at my grandmothers with other Collingwood family and was literally shaking with nerves/excitement at the first bounce ........and nothing much gets me excited lol. And I can barely remember where I was 3 days ago , but I remember that day.

Yeah, my memory is shot, but i remember every little detail of that day, from going out the night before, everything about the MCG and Victoria park, even allowing for a dozen beers, and what happened the next morning.
The most amazing part for me was when we got off the train at Victoria park station, walking into the ground and high fiving and hugging complete strangers.
The bedlam on the ground with people climbing to the top of the goalposts and finding old friends I'd been to the footy with years earlier.

I remember people had their whole lounge rooms out on the street. Everyone offered you beers and food like you were family. I vaguely remember sitting on someone’s couch for ages while they cooked some sausages on the barbie. All in the middle of the road

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My late father decided to take me and my younger brothers down to Vic park after the game in his new car.
Somewhere along the way the trafffic banked up and stopped, we waited then the guy driving the car in front got out of his car and started jumping up and down and up and down on his car roof shouting “Collingwood”, “Collingwood” until the windows popped.
Dad just quietly put the indicator on and turned us around and said “I think we’ll come back tomorrow boys”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back