Aphex Twin

Remove this Banner Ad

I loved Syro when it first came out but just haven't found myself going back to it at all. I thought the Cheetah EP was pretty forgettable too.

T69 Collapse is probably his best work in over a decade though so I really he is sitting on a gold mine of this stuff and will release it soon.

Yes!
First check out Selected Ambient Works record from the early 1990s, amazing album. It's sort of house mixed with ambient, a great chill record, one of the best ever.
Then Check out the album Syro, a perfect mix of his pop and experimental side. Great album!

Yes!
First check out Selected Ambient Works record from the early 1990s, amazing album. It's sort of house mixed with ambient, a great chill record, one of the best ever.
Then Check out the album Syro, a perfect mix of his pop and experimental side. Great album!
Drukqs>Syro for me.

SAW 2 is also really under appreciated.

Aphex is a bit of a blind spot for me (other than ...I Care Because You Do which is alright). Of course you become aware of his discography anyway and the arguments therein. SAW does seem regarded as an all-stop shop of gateway electronic, will have to listen to it someday. Same goes for Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Kraftwerk (for the most part) and never really took to Chemical Brothers. I think first impressions from those ones must have rubbed me the wrong way.

I grew up with Autechre and Tangerine Dream mostly, then moved on to things like Seefeel, Asmus Tietchens, FlyLo, Vangelis, bits of u-Ziq and BoC, etc. Lately I've been obsessed with Yaporigami and Lim Giong.

As a whole Aphex Twin haven’t grabbed me outside of Selected Ambient Works Volume I.

I love Widowlicker too.

Anyone recommend where I should go from here with Aphex Twin if these are my faves?

As a whole Aphex Twin haven’t grabbed me outside of Selected Ambient Works Volume I.

I love Widowlicker too.

Anyone recommend where I should go from here with Aphex Twin if these are my faves?
It's a pretty wide spectrum if you're going from SAW to Windlowlicker.

If you want more like Windowlicker I'd probably say Syro is the album most likely to interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back