Flogstradamus As a Freo supporter, I know a sh*t trade when I see one...

What say you?

• Not sure, I'm a fence sitter, I'm also a eunuch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
And the Kelly trade is shaping up to be one of the biggest shite trades I've seen in a while.

Lets just cast our minds back to last year when the Eagles' posters were strutting around the place as they thought they'd found the missing piece of their next premiership puzzle in the form of Kelly. That piece of the puzzle cost them picks 14, 24 and 37 in last year's national draft, along with West Coast's first pick in the 2020 draft, in exchange for Kelly and a couple of steak knives..

Consider now they could've had him one year earlier for much less. 2 second round draft picks they were offering. Geelong weren't budging, but I think had they thrown in a future 1st they would've had a deal. Instead they gave up their first, their second, their fourth and next year's first as well...

Is Cameron Schwabb their new list manager?

Now, this is all well and good IF.... the player in question is the missing piece in their next premiership puzzle.

That is looking like an iffy if at the moment considering his form thus far at Lathlain.

Last year at the Geelong he averaged 25 disposals a game, this year only 20 :$ That's less than his rookie season where he averaged almost 23 disposal/game :$:$

Whilst I realise he doesn't have the cover of Selwood and Dangerfield this year, that still doesn't explain why he's the leading turnover merchant in the league.....

Now look, he probably needs a few more games to settle into the Eagles' style of play, and he's had to spend a lot of time away from his family this year, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage. But, I've got to say, the signs are not looking good.

I just hope from the bottom of my heart that the Eagles haven't bankrupted their future on Kelly. This could turn out to be a reverse Judd trade for them. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Tony Delaney
Todd Ridley
Trent Croad
Chris Groom
Daniel Schell
Dale Kickett
Troy Johnson
Riley Dunn
Chris Tarrant
Ben Edwards
Clayton Collard

All say hi. 👍

This from a club who actually disgraced themselves with their cloak & dagger tactics by vigorously poaching Ross Lyon and sacking Harvey via the media afterwards.

Trent Croad
Certified Fremantle Premiership player! :drunk:

468c2246af8b30dbedbbaedd978ffbaa

Well at least this thread is more entertaining than watching the Freo Soccers who are playing right now I might add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Delaney
Todd Ridley
Trent Croad
Chris Groom
Daniel Schell
Dale Kickett
Troy Johnson
Riley Dunn
Chris Tarrant
Ben Edwards
Clayton Collard

All say hi. 👍
And Cam McCarthy didn't say hi? How rude!

You clearly missed the title of the thread.

Now, maybe you can address the topic at hand instead of squibbing.
That Freo know what a s**t trade is? Thought I laid it out pretty clear in post #3 already. 👍

TK fits right in. Terrible tackling with no intent
Kelly has been average all year. A couple decent games buy average for the rest.
Thank god we fluked that 2018 GF.

Shame we sold our future for Kelly.
Fresh off the Eagles board.

They're a bit more honest on there than the squibs we have here.

Back