Ask a Pro

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay thread I guess...

When you played live, did you have poker as your sole income or were you working? What kind of games and hourly did you have, and how many hours a week live were you putting in.

When you travel for a tournament (say, ANZPT Perth or whatever) do you play online on your time away from the tournament or live cash? Or both or neither?

Will you still be playing poker in 5 years?

I started grinding live due a work place injury, fair to say at the start i was break even at best playing near on 50 hours a week. After a few months i started to become a pretty solid winner but i was also a degen black jack player so at times it was counter productive. I started at 2/3 and moved into 2/5, at 2/5 you can make a decent hourly if you have the patients.

Depends on where I go, so far this year ive been to ANZPT Adel and Sydney and will be heading over for APPT Queenstown. In Adelaide Its not really worth bothering with cash games so i took my gf over but for Syd it was going to be a pure grind. Didnt really leave the tables the whole time i was there. When away its a no online poker thing and i feel it helps me stay fresh.

I doubt ill still be grinding in 5 years and plan for next year to by my last on the mega grind but it all depends on results, keep running deep in the Mil with out that big score. I hate working a 9-5 so Im looking at getting into Staking/Coaching of other players so that I can cut down my hours of game play. Its all up in the air with the American players so its hard to plan on what I can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back