Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a fan; love her enthusiasm and knowledge. Josie is a massive step up from anyone else that has performed similar interviewing duties. She is a great get for the club.

"And öf coarse you played for the Geelong Falcons in the VFL".. I remember that one

Hey Lions_Insider how much longer are we stuck with that abomination paddlepop Lion on our supporters wear? It is a symbol of failure foisted on the club by an inept administration that was largely responsible for the hole we are digging ourselves out of.

I am one of many that refuses to buy anything with that on it, and my gear is long past its use by date - not to mention the club missing out on merchandising.

Bring back the one true Lion.

No plans in the short-term to change our Lions logo that features on our supporter wear.

It is an extremely expensive exercise for a Club to rebrand and unfortunately with our current financial situation, it is not one we can afford.

There are merchandise items that don't feature the logo (more available in-store) such as: https://www.lionsshop.com.au/brisbane-lions-2018-mens-training-leisure-tee.html, https://www.lionsshop.com.au/brisbane-lions-2018-men-s-raglan-tee.html & https://www.lionsshop.com.au/brisbane-lions-mens-vintage-hoodie.html

I like to keep track of the 'what's happening at the club' this week type posts and emails and took some interest in the citizenship ceremony that was on this week. At the game I saw the interview with the MDA rep and was kind of expecting there to be something on the field but never saw anything and wondered what happened. Later I saw there had been a ceremony held in a corporate area. I thought it would have been great if 50 new Australians could have had their moment in front of 20k and gotten a cheer.

I like to keep track of the 'what's happening at the club' this week type posts and emails and took some interest in the citizenship ceremony that was on this week. At the game I saw the interview with the MDA rep and was kind of expecting there to be something on the field but never saw anything and wondered what happened. Later I saw there had been a ceremony held in a corporate area. I thought it would have been great if 50 new Australians could have had their moment in front of 20k and gotten a cheer.

I saw three people walk from the race area to the team bench area and they waved to the crowd. I figured that was all that showed or wanted to do the lap.

When is the earliest we can buy discounted member's guest tickets (e.g. I want one for the North game) AND can members take member's guests into the member's bar on the top tier up the School end (around 61/60).

Yep it has been like this for a while. No one in the office seems to know much about the sign and who actually looks after it...

Chasing it up and will hopefully have an answer soon.
I do work for an electrical company and would gladly pass this job on to the boss man. :D

Hi Lions_Insider , It was asked in another thread.

Is there any news re the prospective Irish recruit James Madden who we offered a contract to a little while ago?

Must say I was saw this the other day and couldn't even remember hearing of Donegal's (Irish players) Jason McGee and Eoghan 'Ban' Gallagher being 'connected' to the club in 2017.

Similarly, I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on how far the experiment went in 2005 with Brendan Quigley (Laois) and Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone) being 'connected' to the club in 2005. I think Quigley came as far as training at the club, but I don't recall Cavanagh.

Perhaps Lions_Insider may know more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Lions_Insider , just wondering if the club had penciled in a draft event of some sort in Brisbane this year? I know there'd be a lot of people keen to come along even if most of/all the scouts are in Melbourne.

When is the earliest we can buy discounted member's guest tickets (e.g. I want one for the North game) AND can members take member's guests into the member's bar on the top tier up the School end (around 61/60).

Hi Davemonkey,

Easiest just to contact Member HQ directly at membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885. They will be able to answer your questions.

Must say I was saw this the other day and couldn't even remember hearing of Donegal's (Irish players) Jason McGee and Eoghan 'Ban' Gallagher being 'connected' to the club in 2017.

Similarly, I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on how far the experiment went in 2005 with Brendan Quigley (Laois) and Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone) being 'connected' to the club in 2005. I think Quigley came as far as training at the club, but I don't recall Cavanagh.

Perhaps Lions_Insider may know more.

Jason and Eoghan were here for a week or two last year to train. We didn't promote it anywhere because the footy department didn't want it becoming public knowledge.

2005 is way before my time here but I'll see if I can dig up any information on those other two!

Hi Lions_Insider , just wondering if the club had penciled in a draft event of some sort in Brisbane this year? I know there'd be a lot of people keen to come along even if most of/all the scouts are in Melbourne.

Hi Nunez,

Probably not. As you mentioned, we won't have any scouts or list management staff members in Brisbane. Also, aside from posts on here, our membership team don't receive a lot of other interest from fans.

If demand is high enough we will look to do something. It may just be a simple event at Lions@Springwood.

We will run a post-draft event in Brisbane like previous years where you can get to meet the new draftees.

Hi Nunez,

Probably not. As you mentioned, we won't have any scouts or list management staff members in Brisbane. Also, aside from posts on here, our membership team don't receive a lot of other interest from fans.

If demand is high enough we will look to do something. It may just be a simple event at Lions@Springwood.

We will run a post-draft event in Brisbane like previous years where you can get to meet the new draftees.

I think a simple event where Lions supporters can get together and watch the draft/talk about the picks etc would make for a good night and am sure fans would embrace it. How many people would need to come to make it viable?

Hi Davemonkey,

Easiest just to contact Member HQ directly at membership@lions.com.au or 1800 216 885. They will be able to answer your questions.
And sorted for other's benefit Members can bring up to 4 guests into the member's bar pending capacity and whether they are Collingwood fans (last clause may be a bit of creative reading between the lines).

I think a simple event where Lions supporters can get together and watch the draft/talk about the picks etc would make for a good night and am sure fans would embrace it. How many people would need to come to make it viable?

A dedicated event we would probably need 50 plus. The Vic event usually gets around 60-70 fans.

We still haven't received word on when the draft is actually happening, and whether it will expand from just a one night event to multiple nights. We can revisit this when we get final confirmation on the date.

Hi Lions_Insider , I thought this might be of interest to our medical and rehab team, this fella is a physiotherapist who who has a deep interest in all things ACL, specializing in pre ACL injury risk factors. Very interesting stuff, Sam Skinner gets a mention in his link, very thorough and professional presentation.

Hey guys,

Sorry to intrude - especially because the last time I did it bumped this thread to the top and scared the s**t out of a few people on Sams behalf!

If anyone was around a while ago, I posted briefly about ACLs and tried to shed some light on what I've been finding about the issue.

In short my experience as a Physio has given me great perspective on what I think my industry as a whole is missing about the issue.

In light of Nic Nat's most recent misfortune I've decided to pull my finger out and put a post together. Hopefully this can shed some light for those interested.

If you are please have a read and let me know your thoughts.

Apologies again if this gives a few an unnecessary heart attack!

LINK: https://bit.ly/2mNg6iw
895da9b36fff0f8442c4da7a02002f34.jpg

Hi Lions_Insider , I thought this might be of interest to our medical and rehab team, this fella is a physiotherapist who who has a deep interest in all things ACL, specializing in pre ACL injury risk factors. Very interesting stuff, Sam Skinner gets a mention in his link, very thorough and professional presentation.

Thanks jason pm! Great read sven_inc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back