Multiplat Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

1361901153_2468_1.jpg

The main characters name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

The current game is running on the Xbox 360, but has plans for next generation console's as well.

http://www.examiner.com/article/first-screenshot-of-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-surfaces

original.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5987035/assassins-creed-iv-is-all-about-pirates-according-to-this-poster

Nice.

Looks good, sounds good. Only disappointment is that the Bahamas is unlikely to have any major cities seen in previous games that will have decent climbing around.

The naval missions were the best part of AC3.
They were, but got a bit repetitive in my opinion. Hopefully they add a bit more to them.

The other thing I'm wondering about is how they get to the Kenway line through the Animus. With Desmond dead, they need somebody else along his line, and the Kenways are on Desmond's mother's side, so his father's out. As far as I know, his mother is the only living descendant of her line, and I feel that would leave the series without a "relatable" main character. We also know a fair bit about Edward's story already from the previous game - we know how he dies, and how his friend recruits Haytham to the Templars, so we have less to find out - the twists and turns of the story is the great part for me; having somebody so close to the previous ancestor and who you already know a bit about is a little off-putting.

That said, I trust them to make a great game and am excited as hell. :thumbsu:

They were, but got a bit repetitive in my opinion. Hopefully they add a bit more to them.

The other thing I'm wondering about is how they get to the Kenway line through the Animus. With Desmond dead, they need somebody else along his line, and the Kenways are on Desmond's mother's side, so his father's out. As far as I know, his mother is the only living descendant of her line, and I feel that would leave the series without a "relatable" main character. We also know a fair bit about Edward's story already from the previous game - we know how he dies, and how his friend recruits Haytham to the Templars, so we have less to find out - the twists and turns of the story is the great part for me; having somebody so close to the previous ancestor and who you already know a bit about is a little off-putting.

That said, I trust them to make a great game and am excited as hell. :thumbsu:

Get rid of the whole animus crap.

I agree, but you can't just do that in the middle of a storyline. Need to finish that up and then create "Assassin's Creed: The Ancestors" spin-offs from then on.

Maybe this will be more along the lines of an standalone expansion and the continuation will happen next gen.

Maybe this will be more along the lines of an standalone expansion and the continuation will happen next gen.
Could be, although I just read that:
Ubisoft announced that Abstergo took Desmond's body and uploaded his DNA to the cloud - now anybody with access to this can "see" Desmond's ancestors, so that explains that.
It's also apparently being marketed as AC4, so that makes it sound like a direct continuation. Honestly kinda hope this is the final main game. I've enjoyed the series but they're stretching it out too much now, just wrap up the story (but don't rush it) and give me more ancestors.

Could be, although I just read that:
Ubisoft announced that Abstergo took Desmond's body and uploaded his DNA to the cloud - now anybody with access to this can "see" Desmond's ancestors, so that explains that.
It's also apparently being marketed as AC4, so that makes it sound like a direct continuation. Honestly kinda hope this is the final main game. I've enjoyed the series but they're stretching it out too much now, just wrap up the story (but don't rush it) and give me more ancestors.

Interesting.

I think they should rush this one. Completely end the Desmond story and start again with something new for the AC universe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still fun though.
Kind of...

This is feeling a bit of overkill now. I don't know who is on for this game, but considering 3 had apparently been worked on basically since 2 was, it would seem this would be more of a rush job than anything else. Which is worrying, especially when they're giving this a number in the sequels.

The Caribbean is kind of interesting, but only if they specifically play up the pirate aspect.

I dunno, totally nonplussed again by the announcement. They really need to change up the gameplay to get me back in, if it's just the same as the previous AC games and set in the Caribbean, I'll not pick it up again.

Yeah 3 really drove home the sameness...the others introduced new mechanics but there was only the naval battles in 3, and with a less compelling narrative and main character it just wasn't that great. No longer a top priority for me.

Kind of...

This is feeling a bit of overkill now. I don't know who is on for this game, but considering 3 had apparently been worked on basically since 2 was, it would seem this would be more of a rush job than anything else. Which is worrying, especially when they're giving this a number in the sequels.

The Caribbean is kind of interesting, but only if they specifically play up the pirate aspect.

I dunno, totally nonplussed again by the announcement. They really need to change up the gameplay to get me back in, if it's just the same as the previous AC games and set in the Caribbean, I'll not pick it up again.

Bollocks, the games are still good fun. You know it.

I was sick of AC after playing the first one for around 5 hours. Not sure how you guys keep playing through them.

Because they are good fun.

I was sick of AC after playing the first one for around 5 hours. Not sure how you guys keep playing through them.
Because the first one was nothing but a giant s**t stain on the series. Pick up the second one and play from there.

Because they are good fun.

Yeah it was fun, but then it was the same thing over and over in all the missions. Maybe it's better from number 2 onwards, but like I said I never played any more in the series after one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back