Multiplat Assassin's Creed Mirage - October 5th, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think all you need to know is that it was originally planned as Valhalla DLC and everything from the price to the size and scope of the game reflects that.

AC is a guilty pleasure of mine. The games are like junk food. But this is one of the first times I'm really not interested (last time was Syndicate due to AC burnout). I'll get around to it eventually still.

I think all you need to know is that it was originally planned as Valhalla DLC and everything from the price to the size and scope of the game reflects that.

AC is a guilty pleasure of mine. The games are like junk food. But this is one of the first times I'm really not interested (last time was Syndicate due to AC burnout). I'll get around to it eventually still.

I know. That's partly why I think it will be boring. Valhalla was ok but could also be pretty dour at times.

Maybe I'll give it a chance someday but it's not one I'm in a rush to get, and I'm sure like you the burnout plays a part in that as well.

The main problem with Odyssey and Valhalla is that they were more 'warriors creed' than 'assassin's creed' and should almost have been a spin-off series. I really enjoyed the settings and time period of both though.

I am looking forward to this tomorrow. After the last three mainline AC games, it will be nice to play a short-ish linear AC game.

Just remember you've got one month to finish it because we've got other plans by then 😛

This is on my to-play over Christmas holidays list. It should be a nice change of pace after the last few AC games and knowing they'll go back to the mammoth quasi-RPG formula again next.

Just remember you've got one month to finish it because we've got other plans by then 😛

This is on my to-play over Christmas holidays list. It should be a nice change of pace after the last few AC games and knowing they'll go back to the mammoth quasi-RPG formula again next.

Since it sounds as short of some of the older games in the series, I should be done by Saturday. :p

I have immortals Fenyx Rising to finish off and have this and Spiderman 2 to try and get done before LAD Gaiden comes out. Don't think I'll be able to, so will need to shelve one.

At least this will be fairly quick.

😬😬😬

Time to head to Steam boards!

Review bomb in 3....2...

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played the prologue and through to the title screen so far.

Love it. Can actually play stealth, the cut scenes, cinematics and music are really making it feel like an epic story. The dense urban area makes it feel like the older game. The whole thing feels way more immersive to me.

It's a shame that I think it will get canned for not being 100 hours (already seen a review that said they went back to basics and became basic) , I couldn't finish Valhalla due to large sections being tedious and feeling like a chore, I don't get how that's overly appealing to some but each to their own.

I enjoyed it. Despite it being as long as most AC mainline games (17-20 hours), it definitely did feel like a side story/DLC which is what it was originally intended to be. But all in all, I thought it was a good game and a good change from the last few AC games.

Just played the Prologue. When they said they're going back to their roots, they meant it literally. It's like they've just given the story and the core source code for Unity/Syndicate to Ubisoft Bordeaux and told them to have at it. Graphics, animations and mechanics all feel like a step back from Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla.

I'll probably still enjoy it, but really feels like they've looked for a cheap way to tell Basim's story.

I enjoyed it. Despite it being as long as most AC mainline games (17-20 hours), it definitely did feel like a side story/DLC which is what it was originally intended to be. But all in all, I thought it was a good game and a good change from the last few AC games.

about halfway through, it reminds me a little bit of AC:Rogue on its scale, which was also a DLC moved into a main line game.

I'm enjoying it. I've completed every mainline game aside from AC:Valhalla (got bogged down maybe ~75% of the way through after getting excalibur and haven't finished it), so its a nice change of pace.

I don't think it is anywhere near as good as origins or odysessy but its not trying to be, its good for what it is.

Man after good start game just fell flat to me. Finished it only took 20ish hrs only.

Its just a overpriced expansion with a poor story and under developed characters. After you get over the Nostalgia that it feels like a old assassin creed 1 its pretty lacking. Its a game I thought I wanted but in reality I prefer the more longer fleshed out game of Origins + Odyssey.
Return to stealth game was good but otherwise combat is horrible enemies IA doesn't help which is just plain terrible.

Played the prologue and through to the title screen so far.

Love it. Can actually play stealth, the cut scenes, cinematics and music are really making it feel like an epic story. The dense urban area makes it feel like the older game. The whole thing feels way more immersive to me.

It's a shame that I think it will get canned for not being 100 hours (already seen a review that said they went back to basics and became basic) , I couldn't finish Valhalla due to large sections being tedious and feeling like a chore, I don't get how that's overly appealing to some but each to their own.

I see no reason why Ubisoft can’t do both, release big open world AC games and one on a smaller scale like the older games and Mirage.

I’m really enjoying this game, it runs smoothly on quality mode and looks absolutely stunning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back