Multiplat Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name (November 9th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh, was thinking I was going to need to plan that part!

Just "pre-ordered". Hopefully I can download it remotely in the morning so it's ready when I get back to Melbourne.

Small download so worst case it won't take too long. I preloaded last night and from memory the download was only 15gb.

18bae14c56838-screenshotUrl.jpg

Eric Andre GIF

I'm preparing with some Baka Mitai. I don't have any Yakuza games installed currently so this version from Ishin will have to do. And that one "good" is a little triggering on review, but I know if I try and 100% it I'll only do worse.

I wonder who will be in Gaiden's Baka Mitai? Nishi and Pocket Fighter?

I may even be naughty and play for 20-30mins past my bedtime once it unlocks just to get a taste.

The only place Gaiden loses a solitary point is pausing non-cutscene conversations makes the subtitles disappear. For everything else, I can really see I am going to enjoy this game.

The first chapter confirms that play Like A Dragon and then Gaiden. Not the other way around which I initially thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How far in is that? I literally only got to the docks because I just wanted to have a quick peak and that was the first chance to save.

Second chapter, maybe an hour and a half into this chapter. Been playing since this morning, the first chapter is way shorter than the second.

For future reference there is an Ono Michio pocket racer decal in Sotenbori pawn shop. I also find it curiously morbid that Akame's office is out the back of the dance studio lol. So far it looks like this game will answer every single question I had during LAD7 about what was going on with the clans in the background. It seems like the story is running in parallel.

That's as far as I've got, just getting to Akame's office early in chapter 2. Too busy sussing out landmarks, looking for locker keys (feels like it has been too long!), playing mini golf and becoming Baka Mitai champion.

Just got to Sotenbori and called it a night.

I like the references to LAD and how close you come to Ichiban and Nanba. I also liked how the photo of Morning Glory still had the PS3 graphics (noticed that in other games too).

Found a platinum plate next to the pawn shop in Ijincho. Nice like 200k for upgrades early.

Just got to Sotenbori and called it a night.

I like the references to LAD and how close you come to Ichiban and Nanba. I also liked how the photo of Morning Glory still had the PS3 graphics (noticed that in other games too).

Found a platinum plate next to the pawn shop in Ijincho. Nice like 200k for upgrades early.

Keep an eye out around Sotenbori then, especially up. Look for the blue glowy things (as well as white sparkles and brief cases on the ground) and use the gadget thingy. I ran a couple laps while looking around and found about ¥1.8mil worth of plates both laying around and from lockers.

I agree that it's cool how close you come to Nanda and Ichi when he was recovering showing how near Kiryu was the entire time. Speaking of the photo that they just transfer from game to game, I was actually thinking something similar during Baka Mitai. That they must have a template of Serena that they just port from game to game 😆.

There is something about these games. They will never break new boundaries or ever receive any GOTY award, they can be strange and sometimes a bit unpolished around the edges, but when you've spent so long with the series the characters, stories and settings feel real. Doing the karaoke song Tonight and the footage of Nishiki still punches me right in the feels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back