Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
dwwaino

Triple Oh My God!

Absolutely blessed with this studio. The word “Yakuza” is getting dropped from future titles and they are going with “Like A Dragon.” from now, which is the English translation of Ryu Ga Gotoku.

Probably need 3 new threads for these games.

Last edited:
We have a title for the next Like A Dragon game.

Actually like that the release date for Gaiden and the title for this next LAD game have both been revealed before the RGG summit in a few days. Hopefully there is a focus on other surprises.

10 minutes long trailer. There is a huge spoiler in the trailer that you might be disappointed to learn, so just saying.

January 26th is such a good date for this. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth comes out on February 29th. :D

If there is a spoiler in a trailer I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

This s**t straight into my veins, now.

If you do watch, let me know. :D

It is pretty damn epic and if gaming award shows had any balls, they’d have this game in the running for GOTY. I reckon it will be that good and one of the best Yakuza games.

Thinking about what was revealed in the trailer, it makes sense why the Yakuza knows Kiryu is still alive (kind of figured that would have happened in IW), he was in the hospital and his records would have leaked out.

What I am happy about didn’t make it into the trailer (if we even do get this in the game), is Haruka showing up. I want that reveal to be a surprise. I reckon we will get that reunion.
Miss Match 😂😂 I'm going to get absolutely lost in the minigames in this one

Oh my, the world and mini games look incredible.

Gaiden is 7 weeks away, then I will play LAD and then wait for Infinite Wealth in January. That’s my gaming plan.

Thinking about what was revealed in the trailer, it makes sense why the Yakuza knows Kiryu is still alive (kind of figured that would have happened in IW), he was in the hospital and his records would have leaked out.

What I am happy about didn’t make it into the trailer (if we even do get this in the game), is Haruka showing up. I want that reveal to be a surprise. I reckon we will get that reunion.

Oh my, the world and mini games look incredible.

Gaiden is 7 weeks away, then I will play LAD and then wait for Infinite Wealth in January. That’s my gaming plan.

Imagine the impact if Kiryu's illness was revealed in the game and not a trailer, but obviously it must be a bigger part of the game which I guess is why they felt they could reveal it in a trailer. Oorrrrrrrr we actually find out during Gaiden.

Some of those cameos in the trailer too!!

Imagine the impact if Kiryu's illness was revealed in the game and not a trailer, but obviously it must be a bigger part of the game which I guess is why they felt they could reveal it in a trailer. Oorrrrrrrr we actually find out during Gaiden.

Some of those cameos in the trailer too!!

Yeah, that’s why I don’t like when trailers reveal too much. But hey, it’s going to be a 30-40 hour story, so the impact will be felt in game in a bit way. This is going to be a massive game and can actually see IW being the final game of the original Yakuza characters.

And then the series will just continue on with Ichiban and the new characters.

So pumped for this.

Yeah, that’s why I don’t like when trailers reveal too much. But hey, it’s going to be a 30-40 hour story, so the impact will be felt in game in a bit way. This is going to be a massive game and can actually see IW being the final game of the original Yakuza characters.

And then the series will just continue on with Ichiban and the new characters.

So pumped for this.

Until we find out there is a miracle cure.... Yumi!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IGN put up 20 minutes of gameplay. I only flicked through it because I wanted to peak but not know too much and it looks like a mix of awesome and absolutely bonkers. The mini games look cool and Hawaii looks like such a fun location.

I didn't know this about combat with Kiryu so I guess I'll consider it spoilerish

Last chance to back out...

Looks like Kiryu has the ability to break the turn based system. I did see him using some turn based attacks but also saw him in free combat when it was his turn and he wrecked everyone.

You know the saying that goes something like "just because you can doesn't mean you should"?

I heard some of Kiryu's English dub for Infinite Wealth on YouTube.

Just play in Japanese and use subtitles.

I have played Yakuza: LAD in the English dub and Kiryu actually sounded pretty decent. But then RGG replaced the voice actor and the results are terrible. Sometimes it’s better to just leave things alone.

People play this in English? Why would you want a bunch of Japanese men hanging around Tokyo to speak like a bunch of Americans?

Yes, there is an English dub. But of course you can also play the game in Japanese (recommended).

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post and thought you were asking if the game is only in English.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back