Multiplat Metal Gear Solid Volume 1: Master Collection (October 24th, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a shame MGS is not remastered.

Would have liked widescreen and modern resolution support at the very least.

MGS4 being included in Volume 2 rumours are getting stronger by the day too. Really keen.

I own so many copies of these games across multiple platforms, apart from the GTA trilogy they're the only games where I've done that. Keen to buy them again so they're all on the same platform. Bit of a pain to drag the PS2 out just to play MGS. So keen to play MGS4 for the first time whenever Volume 2 drops 🤤

Will be buying it and probably multi platform buying it as well (granted one main platform on release, the rest when reduced in sales).

I remember playing the original Metal Geae on NES and not having a clue (in my defence I was 10 at the time).

I didn't really get into the MGS part until the early 2000s. And it was largely through the pc ports of 1 & 2 (had no clue what I was doing again lol). Something told me to get MGS 3 on release, I did and the game finally clicked. Not the first MGS I had ever played, but the first official one I finished and in those days it was harder without the youtube video walkthroughs of today lol.

MGS 4 was why I wanted and got a ps3. Hopefully the rumours are true and it gets released in volume 2.

I had MGS 2 and 3 on the 360 as well, fun times.

It's good to know it's coming to the Nintendo Switch as well

Considering getting this on NS and Vol 2 on Series X, as I think the difference in hardware will be more noticeable on updated MGS3 & 4 than with the earlier games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea how they'll handle the Psycho Mantis controller port switch trick in this day and age?

Maybe they will just go with the PS3 “workaround” where you shoot the statues around Mantis and not even bother trying to implement the controller port trick.

I didn't know about the trick when I had the game as a kid and beat the fight without it. It took bloody ages.

I didn't know about the trick when I had the game as a kid and beat the fight without it. It took bloody ages.

It’s a trick you can do even now on the PS3 ports and I assume the other systems, as it’s built into the game. Although it would be disappointing if they don’t do the controller port trick on PS5.

I don’t understand why they have included MGS 3 in this if they are completely redoing it anyway.

A lot of people will be on the fence about buying the MGS 3 remake and don’t have old systems (PS3, Xbox 360 etc) to play MGS 3.

It's only disappointing if you expected something other than the games released on current consoles.

I'm not sure why anyone would be disappointed?

Uneven performance in MGS1, graphical muddyness that wasn't present in the originals, no additional resolution upscaling.

It's not even a good emulation and appears to be a step back from what was already out there.

Uneven performance in MGS1, graphical muddyness that wasn't present in the originals, no additional resolution upscaling.

It's not even a good emulation and appears to be a step back from what was already out there.
Haven't had any performance issues so far myself and runs fine from what I've played.

Haven't had any performance issues so far myself and runs fine from what I've played

Performance is okay for 2 and 3, s**t for 1. Can literally tank to 20fps. If you run the PAL version it caps at 25 FPS.

The image quality for 2 and 3 is also somehow worse than the emulations they are based on. It is as low effort as it gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back