Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who could never get into the MGS games due to not knowing the story, this is perfect for me.

Great decision to remake the first one.

As someone who could never get into the MGS games due to not knowing the story, this is perfect for me.

Great decision to remake the first one.

It’s a tad confusing for newcomers to the series. The PS5 remake is called “Delta” but the game originally is “Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater”.

So it’s the third game in the numbered series but it is chronologically the first one in the series timeline.

It’s a tad confusing for newcomers to the series. The PS5 remake is called “Delta” but the game originally is “Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater”.

So it’s the third game in the numbered series but it is chronologically the first one in the series timeline.

And should be said, shouldn't be played as the entry point to the series. You could do it that way, but you'd be undermining some pretty impactful story beats.

They're not remaking the first one and you're in the wrong thread 😅

I've actually played MGS 3. Thanks for the info :tearsofjoy:

Thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so this is effectively being handled by a mobile dev?

No. Just telling you that Konami has largely moved on from games like MGS.

This remake is being handled by a different developer. Virtuos Games were rumoured to be the developer about 2 years ago when the first rumours started and they kind of confirmed it last night.

I am not sure how involved Konami will be, if any involvement at all.

Last edited:
No, he isn’t. Kojima and Konami had a pretty big falling out years ago. Konami only really focus on mobile games now.

Don't forget the pachinko kings that Konami are, that is a heavy focus for them also.

Looks incredible.

I am so happy that it looks like a faithful re-creation of the original, even Snake looks the same but of course rendered in 4K. Such a good job they’ve done.

I was alarmed at the end when I saw “Xbox” as I thought I missed that it was some sort of exclusive.
Thank god it’s not.

Haha, I am sure it gave many people pause. Thankfully that was from an Xbox show so they’ll only have the Xbox logo on the video. Comes out on Series X/S, PS5 and windows.

1698287165460.png
Ill Allow It GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back