aussie rules footy on NES

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got beaten 21-2-128 to 2-0-12 as Darwin!

Can someone give me a rundown of the proper keys to use (on computer of course)

Cheers to the guy who found the site.

jayw said:
Just played it on that weblink, remember how bad I was at it! hope my outcome isn't prophetic of this weekend... Adelaide - 114 Essendon - 7! lol :D

Weren't too far off

Ever notice how the guy who comes on to give his match summary between quarters bares a striking resemblance to Ian Chappell?
I still play it with my mates now, i am totally crap at it but it is a huge laugh especially after a few beers.

Mentallo said:
Ever notice how the guy who comes on to give his match summary between quarters bares a striking resemblance to Ian Chappell?
I still play it with my mates now, i am totally crap at it but it is a huge laugh especially after a few beers.

For some reason when I was a kid I thought it was dennis cometti

cool2wb.png

I had an idea, and I'm not sure if it would work, but it might. If any of you have the game and are using the Nestopia, (http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/), emulator, it has a built "netplay" option. I'm thinking if we used this, we could probably play online against one another. I don't think we can watch a game in progress however. Has anyone tried this at all or willing to give it a go?

yeah an absolute classic game

"out of bounds on the full" will always be the ultimate video gaming moment for me growing up along with picking boulder, swamp and mervyn in the cricket game :D

i used to thrash the kick the kick to practice the goal kicking and i loved how you could snap impossible reverse bananas from the pocket and they would float through daicos style

easily the best afl game and how good was it to take a brett burton style grab :thumbsu:

GrayNicolls said:
easily the best afl game and how good was it to take a brett burton style grab :thumbsu:

Yeah, and that is a sad reflection on the AFL games of the past 10 years, that a game on the old Nintendo system is STILL the best aussie rules game there's been. I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got beaten 21-2-128 to 2-0-12 as Darwin!

Can someone give me a rundown of the proper keys to use (on computer of course)

Cheers to the guy who found the site.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/578118-aussie-rules-footy/faqs/30545 - also I just bought this for NES again - I'll need to see if it wasn't some sort of racist joke that Darwin couldn't play or something. I remember failing miserably as Darwin but not as other teams. I will double check and confirm when I get my ebay purchase..

I hope it's just that I sucked - it would be really sad if they nerfed a team because of racism. Maybe hobart / other fictional teams in it suck too though, I'll have to test. Maybe it's trying to show a local / VFL equivalent state team vs national AFL team or something.

Had it as a Kid but I sucked at it. Could Barley Score in a Game Though:cry:

Now have it on my Computer and Play it on a Emulator and Also now have it on my Samsung Galaxy 5 Phone

Out of bounds... on the full.

Great memories...

There was a cricket game on the Super Nintendo that was pretty good too. After every ball you could press the 'HOWZAT!' button and more often than not lbw would be called.

International Cricket and Super International Cricket are the Cricket Games you are Thinking Of

How do you do that?

Video of Gameplay:

From memory you either need to learn to tap it down his throat with the "A" button or knock it in front of him with the "B" button. Once the rover runs onto it he should be able to hit a forward in the 50. Go back and split like the middle like your Jason Dunstall and repeat.

Of course at the same age I could complete Super Mario Brothers with no warps without dying so maybe I was just better at gaming back then.

*shrugs*

From memory you either need to learn to tap it down his throat with the "A" button or knock it in front of him with the "B" button. Once the rover runs onto it he should be able to hit a forward in the 50. Go back and split like the middle like your Jason Dunstall and repeat.

Of course at the same age I could complete Super Mario Brothers with no warps without dying so maybe I was just better at gaming back then.

*shrugs*
The knock can speed the goal even more once you get going and have the mid kicking at just the right time your FF could then run on to it in the goal square and kick it time after time.

The knock can speed the goal even more once you get going and have the mid kicking at just the right time your FF could then run on to it in the goal square and kick it time after time.

Yea you're right, both methods worked from memory but the one you described lent itself to much heavier scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back