Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Are they Championship?

Yep. They made the promotion play offs last season but were knocked out in the first round by Norwich City, who I believe they have an old friendly religious based rivalry with (as in they're both Anglican based I think, rather than a Celtic/Rangers situation.)

I believe they had planned to be quite aggressive in the transfer window as a result of that, but I have no idea whether they followed through with that or not - it's actually Norwich City that I know a little bit about, not Ipswich.

Langerak set to miss 2 months after having a cyst removed in his knee.

Good move for Tommy Oar. I've always got the impression that he thinks he's better than what he is; if that's the case then the nature of the Championship will be a little bit of a shock to the system for him and hopefully instill a bit of mental toughness to go with his obvious natural talent.

Also, interesting time for Kruse with the sale of Son Heung-Min to Spurs. Hopefully they give him an opportunity to take Son's spot before they give that opportunity to any new signings. If Kruse can take it he'll be playing regularly at a very high standard for a very good team that play in a similar way to Ange's Socceroos. It can only be a good thing for the national team, provided he stays healthy of course.

Ripping night overnight.

Rogic scored a ripper for Celtic and was voted MOTM.
Leckie scored his first goal in the Bundesliga and the eventual winner in a 1-0 win for Ingolstadt. Look it up, a belter in the top corner from 25 years, keeping shithouse though.
Luongo notched up his 4th assist of the season already.
Kruse saw half an hour as match fitness is building.

I think we are going to see a much better Australian side in these WCQ, the key players will be entering their prime instead of 30+ and are all getting consistent minutes rather than reserve players.

A fit and playing Rogic + Luongo in the center of park completely changes the dynamic of this side, to what weve had in there for the past 5 or so years imo.

Last edited:
Ripping night overnight.

Rogic scored a ripper for Celtic and was voted MOTM.
Leckie scored his first goal in the Bundesliga and the eventual winner in a 1-0 win for Ingolstadt. Look it up, a belter in the top corner from 25 years, keeping shithouse though.
Luongo notched up his 4th assist of the season already.
Kruse saw half an hour as match fitness is building.

I think we are going to see a much better Australian side in these WCQ, the key players will be entering their prime instead of 30+ and are all getting consistent minutes rather than reserve players.

A fit and playing Rogic + Luongo in the center of park completely changes the dynamic of this side, to what weve had in there for the past 5 or so years imo.

If Kruse can play half an hour for Leverkusen how come he's been withdrawn from the Socceroos squad due to 'injury?'

If Kruse can play half an hour for Leverkusen how come he's been withdrawn from the Socceroos squad due to 'injury?'
Probably because its not worth risking a guy coming back from injury (who is injury prone), flying him halfway across the world to play a match against Bangladesh
At the end of the day, Leverkusen pay his wages

Let's see.

Swansea have an Australian/Cypriot teenager named Demetriou (hmm) who could be loaned out to a League One or Two club.

Shane Lowry has left Leyton.

Gallifucio could join Millwall.

Brent McGrath who does not ring a bell plays at Fredericia in Holland and scored twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, it's Bangladesh and Tajikistan and Galekovic is a good keeper. If we can't beat either of those without him, we shouldn't be anywhere near the WC.
Did see the Galekovic update on them Wikis. Should take the gloves in my opinion. Far more confidence in him than Federici, that's for sure.

Did see the Galekovic update on them Wikis. Should take the gloves in my opinion. Far more confidence in him than Federici, that's for sure.
With Ryan out the GK in the squad that's had the most regular playing time at the moment is Cisak. I wonder if we'll see a surprise debut from him on Thursday night.

Yeah it does suck, from all reports he was wanting around the 1 million a season and he wasn't going to find that kind of coin anywhere else. Would have probably been looking at 3/4's of that or less. Wonder what Tommy Oar would be on?

Turns out Mat Ryan needs surgery on an injured meniscus in his knee. Will be out for around 4 weeks apparently.

Apparently there were loan and permanent offers from Serie A, Serie B, La Liga and England for Chris Oikonomidis but the Lazio manager vetoed them all. Good news if the manager thinks highly enough of him to refuse to allow him to go on loan to get game time. Hopefully it means he'll see semi-regular minutes in the Serie A with the Lazio first team.

http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/in-ev...te-offerte-per-lui-ma-pioli-ha-detto-no-57468

Remove this Banner Ad

Back