The Law Azaria

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to know how you can have a defined cause of death when their is so little evidence to make a conclusion one way or another.

I have heard of a third theory which was never really discussed but is just as plausable - the brother who was about 3 or 4 at the time, killed his sister by stabbing her.

I would like to know how you can have a defined cause of death when their is so little evidence to make a conclusion one way or another.

I have heard of a third theory which was never really discussed but is just as plausable - the brother who was about 3 or 4 at the time, killed his sister by stabbing her.

If the latter were the case the child would have come forward long ago, being legally incapable of prosecution at such an age.
This also relies on his keeping the event secret from his parents both at the time and for the last 30 odd years....and of course disposing of the body.

I remember it really clearly.

The foetal blood in the car was what tipped everyone over to"'oohhh she did it".

It wasn't until she was found guilty that we all suddenly thought, "why would she ?" And "what if she isn't guilty"?

It was a bizarre time for sure.

The case was and still is surrounded by numerous, at best outlandish theories.
Some were simply stupid.
This was the "AC" theory, based on the principle that an unusual number of words and phrases associated with the case had the letters "A" and "C" in that sequence. Azaria Chamberlain was the daughter of Alice Lynne (Lindy) Chamberlain, who was the daughter of Avis and Cliff, brother of Alex Murchison. Azaria herself was the sister of Aidan Chamberlain and Reagan Chamberlain, and the family had gone from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock. That campsite had been visited six weeks earlier by the Cranwell family, whose daughter, Amanda, had been attacked by a dingo.

The foetal blood in the car was what tipped everyone over to"'oohhh she did it".

It wasn't until she was found guilty that we all suddenly thought, "why would she ?" And "what if she isn't guilty"?

Later found not to be blood at all.:(

this absolutedly killed sales of Big M's caramel flavoured milk. If you coulda shorted Big M caramel milk on the London Commodity Exchange one would have.

All the bikini models of Alby Mangels doing Big M advertisements in the 80's could not sustain sales of caramel milk from Big M.

sanitary pads from Libra were not worlds' best practise at that time.

Never thought she did it. Coppers were incensed that she didn't accept a plea to infanticide and decided to teach her a lesson. What happened in this travesty of the judicial system should give pause to all who embrace the god that is technology, especially the infallible forensic version.

Just a few things which were missing from the prosecution case, which nevertheless, seemingly caused no reflection in the fanatical pursuit of this 'religious weirdo', who didn't fit the profile of how observers of that exact science of body language would have preferred, in the face of such horror:

1) No motive.

2) No opportunity.

3) No weapon was found.

4) No body was found.

5) No confession from the defendant.

6) No eye witnesses to her 'crime'.

7) Any inconsistency whatsoever in her (and his) story over so many retellings.

Still, one benefit has come out of all of this. It has proved a boon for the proponents of capital punishment.

You only have to look at mistakes in the the Joanna Lees case to see outback policing still hasn't advanced much since then.

I think they took offense to her describing her killer as "Y'know, a local type"

Never thought she did it. Coppers were incensed that she didn't accept a plea to infanticide and decided to teach her a lesson. What happened in this travesty of the judicial system should give pause to all who embrace the god that is technology, especially the infallible forensic version.

Just a few things which were missing from the prosecution case, which nevertheless, seemingly caused no reflection in the fanatical pursuit of this 'religious weirdo', who didn't fit the profile of how observers of that exact science of body language would have preferred, in the face of such horror:

1) No motive.

2) No opportunity.

3) No weapon was found.

4) No body was found.

5) No confession from the defendant.

6) No eye witnesses to her 'crime'.

7) Any inconsistency whatsoever in her (and his) story over so many retellings.

Still, one benefit has come out of all of this. It has proved a boon for the proponents of capital punishment.

Most people are blissfully unaware just how easy it is for cop/s to fit someone up.

Especially if you can toss in a little "bigot trawling" or "underbellishment".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have to look at mistakes in the the Joanna Lees case to see outback policing still hasn't advanced much since then.

I think they took offense to her describing her killer as "Y'know, a local type"

What does"outback" have to do with anything? All police in positions of power engage in such practices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back