Baird Defender?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by tashibatts
Just making sure Baird is a defender. I am pretty sure- but wanted to check?!

Please tell me- thanks
And tell me as much as ya can

Go Roos

Yeh he's mainly used as a defender, usually centre-half back.

Cheers.

At VFL level,
CHB about 192cm
Good marking and spoiling overhead
Skills fine
Vision, and ball use fine
Cool under pressure
VFL rep at CHB
VFL team of year CHB
B&F - Box Hill Hawks
BOG Grand Final day vs Werribee. I think it was Nathan Saunders, since drafted by the Bulldogs, that he beat that day.

Maybe a third tall defender at AFL level.
May have missed out at Hawthorn because of a lack of ability to play on talls and smalls and a lack of the mobile running dimension that Graham or Simon Cox could give of Half Back.

Think maybe Danny Dickfos.

This review comes from watching 5 or so Box Hill games on TV this year so I am by no means the expert.

tashibatts , Bairdy played mainly as a defender this year at BHH but he has had a few stints at CHF in the past in Hawthorn Reserves.

Bairdy CAN play but the biggest question mark over him in his time with us was his intensity. When asked to do that little bit extra , whether on the ground or in rehab etc , he has come up a tad short on several occasions.

He was very close to being re-rookied (??) at Hawthorn and if you guys hadn't taken him with your first pick , he'd probably still be here.

He's a good kid with considerable talent and perhaps maturity might see him gain that bit of oomph that he's missing. Hope he goes well for you guys.....except against us of course !

-Rico

Remove this Banner Ad

Back