Banter Banter thread Part 2 - Opposition fans welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you can banter the subject and not the man. Cmon.
That wasn't a personal shot mate, far from it. On BF it seems a general consensus. It was a plural.

Our list is horribly underrated on here. (BF, not Blues board, for clarification ;)).

You guys talk up Cripps, Weitering, Curnow, SPS etc etc. I'm not going to knock any of them.

We have at least the equal top 4 of any side in the comp with Dusty, Rance, Jack and Chimp.

Lambert is bordering on elite, I think he gets there this year.

Vlastuin not far behind,

Edwards keeps getting rated elite by CD, personally reckon he is a very, very solid B.

Prestia B+
Caddy B
Astbury B
Grimes solid, solid B+. Massively underrated.
Houli B
Nank B.
Ellis B
Rioli B (with A traits, should get there).

Some teams have more elite players, but our core is extremely consistent, and deeper than most.

Obviously Adelaide Sydney and GWS have great lists. I reckon Geelongs top is strong, but drops away quicker than us, and is old.

I actually couldn't be stuffed going into this detail before, hence the nuffies call. It wasn't at you.

That wasn't a personal shot mate, far from it. On BF it seems a general consensus. It was a plural.

Our list is horribly underrated on here. (BF, not Blues board, for clarification ;)).

You guys talk up Cripps, Weitering, Curnow, SPS etc etc. I'm not going to knock any of them.

We have at least the equal top 4 of any side in the comp with Dusty, Rance, Jack and Chimp.

Vlastuin not far behind,

Edwards keeps getting rated elite by CD, personally reckon he is a very, very solid B.

Prestia B+
Caddy B
Astbury B
Houli B
Nank B.
Ellis B

Some teams have more elite players, but our core is extremely consistent, and deeper than most.

Obviously Adelaide Sydney and GWS have great lists. I reckon Geelongs top is strong, but drops away quicker than us, and is old.

I actually couldn't be stuffed going into this detail before, hence the nuffies call. It wasn't at you.
My mistake. I like your list tbh. Was just stirring. I do think there’s a difference between class and what you guys have though. They may all be B and A rated types but imo there is still not that class. Not really sure how to quantify what I’m trying to say :/.

Confident in saying the first draft was in 1986 so we have known for a while what it feels like
Mate, you were unclean up until the early mid 2000's and got stung for it on numerous occasions. You've played by the rules only starting this century.
And you would have kept going if you didn't get caught, because that was the Carlton way.

Even then, the attitude "We're Carlton and * the rest!" permeated for a while (I love Sticks!!).

You're well run now, and on the right track, but you can't escape your past. Just like we can't escape ours, Save Our Skins, 37 years of s**t, etc etc.

The DÁmico curse is DEAD!! :D

Vlastuin not far behind,

Prestia B+
Caddy B
Astbury B
Houli B
Nank B.
Ellis B

Not disputing that you have a few elite players, but to say you have depth is yet to be tested properly, given your lack of injuries last year.

Win with an average amount of injuries and my assessment will change

If jack Riewoldt gets injured do Richmond ‘revolutionise’ the game further and play with no tall forwards at all?
Someone was not paying attend last year, if Riewoldt goes down we would have a medium mid-forward at FF.

Mate, you were unclean up until the early mid 2000's and got stung for it on numerous occasions. You've played by the rules only starting this century.
And you would have kept going if you didn't get caught, because that was the Carlton way.

Even then, the attitude "We're Carlton and **** the rest!" permeated for a while (I love Sticks!!).

You're well run now, and on the right track, but you can't escape your past. Just like we can't escape ours, Save Our Skins, 37 years of s**t, etc etc.

The DÁmico curse is DEAD!! :D

No doubt we were arrogant in those days, which lead to our demise.

All clubs were guilty of salary cap breaches, but for the record, we were pinged for "late 90's early 2000's" no infractions for 95

Most of the other clubs, during that era of breaching the cap, still couldn't win a flag

Not disputing that you have a few elite players, but to say you have depth is yet to be tested properly, given your lack of injuries last year.

Win with an average amount of injuries and my assessment will change
We actually had a lot of injuries to key players last year. Vlas missed 9, Griff only played 2 games. Prestia was in and out. Riewoldt, Caddy. I've posted the AFL injury ladder games lost to best 22 that many times in other threads.

The thing was, come finals, everyone, and I mean everyone, was fit. We were kissed on the dick by the fairy godmother in that respect.

Adelaide on the other hand, had an OK injury run, but lost key players for finals. Their timing was s**t.

I honestly think the football gods dropped some really bad acid a couple of years ago. 12 months of preaching from Bulldogs supporters about their brilliance and now I cop this crap about the Tigers and their unstoppable forward pressure yada yada yada. Next I'll have some Demons, Saints and Freo losers testifying about their new found guru status. On a positive note, that also means the Blues are edging their way through the field around the straight. Yes.. Carry on..

No doubt we were arrogant in those days, which lead to our demise.

All clubs were guilty of salary cap breaches, but for the record, we were pinged for "late 90's early 2000's" no infractions for 95

Most of the other clubs, during that era of breaching the cap, still couldn't win a flag
you got pinged in 94 as well........fined $50k

at least your cap breaches produced a result.....in those days we couldn't even cheat well (who am I kidding, we were broke)

We actually had a lot of injuries to key players last year. Vlas missed 9, Griff only played 2 games. Prestia was in and out. Riewoldt, Caddy. I've posted the AFL injury ladder games lost to best 22 that many times in other threads.

The thing was, come finals, everyone, and I mean everyone, was fit. We were kissed on the dick by the fairy godmother in that respect.

Adelaide on the other hand, had an OK injury run, but lost key players for finals. Their timing was s**t.

Have heard it before from other Tiger supporters, this is what the facts are though, when it comes to your injuries last year

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...me-see-our-flag.1188207/page-14#post-54591090

Have heard it before from other Tiger supporters, this is what the facts are though, when it comes to your injuries last year

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...me-see-our-flag.1188207/page-14#post-54591090
I absolutely count Griff...he was our CHF and back up ruck. We had to play/try to play Soldo and ELTON ffs.

It got to the point Grigg was back up ruck.

But that stat, that's interesting. Where did you get the data in an easily accessible format (noob, 46yo luddite)

I'd like to do the same for a few teams. Specifically from a wagering POV.
I have a suspicion there is a team I like might make a jump if my thoughts are confirmed.

I absolutely count Griff...he was our CHF and back up ruck. We had to play/try to play Soldo and ELTON ffs.

It got to the point Grigg was back up ruck.

But that stat, that's interesting. Where did you get the data in an easily accessible format (noob, 46yo luddite)

I'd like to do the same for a few teams. Specifically from a wagering POV.
I have a suspicion there is a team I like might make a jump if my thoughts are confirmed.

Griffiths would struggle to get a game these days

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/2017.html

Highlight what you want and copy it into excel, manipulate it as required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond intra-club:

92840519_XS.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back