goatmaster

Senior List
Sep 3, 2000
I don't damn well remembe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Go The Mighty Hawks
Anyone seen the article on Barry Young in Inside Footy- what a clown.
He lacked a passion for Hawthorn & felt that he deserved to be in the Essendon premiership team- the team that rated him so highly they flicked him. The way the pratt played all year what makes the fool think he would have got a game anyway ?
The bloke thinks he's Leigh Matthews , Wayne Carey & James Hird rolled into one.
a man with one good season in his career.
I hope some unfortunate team does draft him in December & make the following vow
- I will travel to Hawthorns game anywhere in Australia against his new team with the purpose of abusing the clown.
A very angry
Goatmaster

Yes indeed. A percentage of all our hard-earned would have found it's way into his pocket.
Unbelievable that he thought Essendon got rid of him 'with a heavy heart' for the salary cap but they also picked up one J Robran from Hawthorn.
Also stated that essendon is so far ahead of the second best team that it's not funny. If the other 15 teams felt like Barry they would probabbly give it away now for 2001, 2002, 2003 etc etc.

Teams falling for the essendon 'depth' myth will pick up an essendon discard at their peril.

I'm glad we got rid of him. Just didn't have the class to match it with the big midfielders and gave Jason Johnson a chance...who is twice the footballer than young.

Pess,
You have upset me even more to think I might have paid money through my membership to Barry Young. Since he had no passion though I'm sure he will give the money back.
You are also right to say he hardly helps himself to go anywhere with his bleating about how good Essendon are.
S.Robbo- you are generous to Young - Jason Johnson would be light years ahead of the git.
A still angry
Goatmaster

You Hawthorn people need to understand that Barry didn't want to leave Essendon. We didn't have enough rrom in our salary cap, and he was forced to leave. He left on very good terms, and Essendon understood his situation.

Understanably, he still felt "Essendonish" while at Hawthorn. The success of Essendon throughout 2000, would have made him feel even worse.

It's very unsympathetic to bag him the way many of you have done. Most of you are saying stuff like : "Damn, it Barry, I DEMAND that you be passionate about us, even if you aren't"

It's like going to another job, when you didn't want to leave the first one. Even though you are trying your guts out, your heart wasn't in it. I've actually experienced that myself in my employment life.

Barry Young even said, he started to pull his finger out towards the end of the season.

So, try to understand his point of view.

Oh, and Pess, I'll take you on, on the Essendon-depth issue anyday. Ever seen - and ranked - our list ?

Barry Young..overated frontrunner who was lucky to play in a star studded essendon lineup who could afford his mistakes and stupid frees he gave away...couldnt get away with it at Hawthorn..no Hardwick etc to cover up his stuff ups.Sheedy put up with him because he was meant to be a tough guy..and at that stage essendon were as weak as piss and teams like North were standing over them.
Along come the Johnsons,Solomon.. hard nuts who could actually play and its bye bye Barry.I doubt if any other club will draft him maybe an interstater like Freo or Port who are a bit soft and need the services of
second rate thug.

We never wanted Barry Young!!!
He was pathetic, his skill level is so poor and the amount of money we were paying for the average player was unbelievable.
I am so happy that he is gone and i just pitty the next team that picks him up.
And someone said that essendon couldn't have fit him into the salary cap, well that is bull, cause if he was a good player then they would have tried a little harder to keep him.
Go the Hawks 2001!

Being in England I don't know how good or bad Barry Young is,but if the dude's heart isn't in it too play for the Hawks & he's too much of a prick to realise what a great club it is then good riddance to him & I support all u Hawk fans who've bagged him on these pages we don't need people like that!As for saying that Essendon r too far ahead of everyone else,what a load of cr@p,they can be beaten just like everyone else.

Go the rip roaring goal scoring Hawks!

As said, if the Dons wanted him bad enough they would have cut someone else. Dan i could care less about him wanting to leave, facts are he did so because he overpriced his own worth.

I never thought much of him (as ive said all year) and am not in the least suprised he is gone.

Thanks for nothing Young, you screwed the Hawks,the Dons and in the end, yourself. Keep up the bleating in the press like you have and no other club will touch you with a barge pole in the draft. As is, i reckon he wont be selected anyways and his career is over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back