FTA-TV Batwoman

Remove this Banner Ad

If it was RR that was specifically putting you off this show, then you'll be pleased to learn of this... Definitely something fishy going on here as they definitely would have locker her in to multiple seasons:

Ruby Rose in surprise exit as Batwoman

Aussie Ruby Rose has departed the lead role as Batwoman after a single season, with the character now to be recast. The announcement comes just two days after the show’s season finale. Rose's casting in the role as a lesbian superhero, but the move by producer Greg Berlanti, did attract some criticism on social media.

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season,” said Rose. “This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles. I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created. Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success — I am truly grateful.”

The CW, Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions said jointly, “Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best. The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]She is ok in part roles but as a lead her horrendous acting skills cant be masked

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

There's an update here:
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...s/news-story/7834b2c203ff08536b24c16abdcb4c19

Mutual parting of the ways. She couldn't handle having to work full-time, as distinct from the part-time roles she had in Orange is the New Black, Pitch Perfect 3, and John Wick 2. She also didn't like living in Vancouver, where the show is filmed. As a result of her not being happy, she was a bitch to everyone around her. (my paraphrasing)

Not good enough.
Must be LGBTQ+
Why do you say that?

Katie McGrath is also straight yet has more chemistry with Melissa Benoist than practically the rest of the Arrowverse combined.

I want 5he best actress for the role, regardless of her sexuality

Why do you say that?

The CW, Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions said jointly, “Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best. The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batwoman has cast Javicia Leslie (God Friended Me, The Family Business, Always a Bridesmaid) as its new lead following the exit of Ruby Rose.

She will portray a new character on the show named Ryan Wilder. Ryan Wilder is described as likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She’s also nothing like Kate Kane (Ruby Rose), the woman who wore the Batsuit before her. With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. Today Ryan lives in her van with her plant. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat and could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. She is an out lesbian, athletic, raw, passionate, fallible, and very much not your stereotypical All-American hero.

Season has been pretty solid with the new lead. Luke is still very solid, as is Mary, and Alice is great as usual.

I loved the Diggle last episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back