Roast BBQ fred

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonights dinner. Nothing fancy but should be delicious.
2lxi3oi.jpg

Looks good MadDocker , I have a Lamb shoulder ticking over at 100c in my Danial Boone ( pellet cooker )

Put it on at 9:30am and is pulling back off the bone nicely, basting every now and then with apple cider vinegar mixed with worcestershire sauce.

That legs been at as close to 100c as I can keep it on the stick burner from about 945. Usually do the lamb in the Weber so keen to see how this goes. Looks good so far.

Delicious! Didn't take any pics unfortunately as I was a couple of beers down and hungry haha. Will definitely do more lamb on the smoke in future.

Keen to give that Cuban Mojo in your link a crack soon. Looks very good.

Just purchased a Hark Texas Pro Pit offset on Sunday, such a beast of a unit. Looking forward to cooking some brisket for boxing day.

Nice work mate, respected weages poster Impunity! has had one for a couple of years now, and has entered comps with some success loves his brisket.

I'm sure he will happily swing some ideas your way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brother is getting one in Jan. I'm keen to see the pellet in action against my offset.

I reckon both would turn in outstanding results, I can confirm the results on the Boonie. Both produce far superior end product than the 4 burner gasser.

I still love the weber for the charcoal flavour steak/roasts, but for a slow cook you simply cannot beat the off set or pellet cookers. During summer I cook on the BBQ 3 -4 times a week sometimes more.

I take my hat off to anyone using the off set because I cant be arsed tending a fire all through the cook. I use a log fire at home and by the end of winter have a gut full of chopping wood :D

That's where the Boonie won me over, set temp and timer and forget

I reckon both would turn in outstanding results, I can confirm the results on the Boonie. Both produce far superior end product than the 4 burner gasser.

I still love the weber for the charcoal flavour steak/roasts, but for a slow cook you simply cannot beat the off set or pellet cookers. During summer I cook on the BBQ 3 -4 times a week sometimes more.

I take my hat off to anyone using the off set because I cant be arsed tending a fire all through the cook. I use a log fire at home and by the end of winter have a gut full of chopping wood :D

That's where the Boonie won me over, set temp and timer and forget

Had the old boy's 75th at my place on the weekend.

Got the butcher to do me a 3kg Porchetta. Did that on the weber Roti over beads and charcoal. Awesome. Might try and get some more charcoal in next time as the crackle was a bit patchy.
Had the Boonie cranking with a couple of marinated butterflied lamb legs.

Also the business.
Got finished temps on both absolutely perfect.

Going to do a baked ham on the pellet grill.
Have an idea for a glaze using a quality plum or cherry jam, some toasted szechuan pepper, Chinese five spice,a couple of good lugs of Galway Pipe and some star anise.

What do you reckon?

Last edited:
I reckon you're making me hungry.

Give it a crack, what's the worst that could happen? Even a slight miss on the glaze in going to give you a good result. Worst case the glaze is a bit off and you have some nice ham. Best case it's amazing and you've got a new glaze.

Had the old boy's 75th at my place on the weekend.

Got the butcher to do me a 3kg Porchetta. Did that on the weber Roti over beads and charcoal. Awesome. Might try and get some more charcoal in next time as the crackle was a bit patchy.
Had the Boonie cranking with a couple of marinated butterflied lamb legs.

Also the business.
Got finished temps on both absolutely perfect.

Going to do a baked ham on the pellet grill.
Have an idea for a glaze using a quality plum or cherry jam, some toasted szechuan pepper, Chinese five spice,a couple of good lugs of Galway Pipe and some star anise.

What do you reckon?

1st class Lach, how did the glaze turn out m8 ? star anise, jam, szechuan pepper for some bite has to be a winner

I've got a butterflied Turkey that has been brined going on the Boonie tomorrow, piece of cake.

Good luck to all of you who are manning up to the weber tomorrow, here is a guide for those a bit unsure ..https://heatbeads.com.au/tip/turkey-cook-time-calculator/

Looking forward to your conquests

1st class Lach, how did the glaze turn out m8 ? star anise, jam, szechuan pepper for some bite has to be a winner

I've got a butterflied Turkey that has been brined going on the Boonie tomorrow, piece of cake.

Good luck to all of you who are manning up to the weber tomorrow, here is a guide for those a bit unsure ..https://heatbeads.com.au/tip/turkey-cook-time-calculator/

Looking forward to your conquests

Ha I just put it on!

eb4d9afc7e0adaf8e78fae79e3b9d51f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back