Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

After a good nights sleep I think I might have been a bit harsh on McCreary. I did like his pressure but I just want a small forward who kicks goals, over all this tackling bullshit, goals win games, let him run free instead of filling his head full of defensive s**t

Pretty good debut. Showed enough.

unlucky not to be paid mark in 3rd

took an excellent mark late

didn’t like where the coaches had him playing out of the square but something to work with with his attack on ball and tackling

Was far from our worst last night. Showed some glimpses laid a few big tackles but couldn't expect much more with the horrendous delivery into the forward 50 last night.

spent a lot of time off the ground late with what looked like a tight hammy. was worked on and checked by the docs and did a lot of run throughs before finally coming on taking that great mark. still looked proppy. shame for him because he added a spark and could have done something late. should be pleased with his effort for only 61% time on ground.

Hopefully it was just cramping, be the most he would of run in a game I bet.

After a good nights sleep I think I might have been a bit harsh on McCreary. I did like his pressure but I just want a small forward who kicks goals, over all this tackling bullshit, goals win games, let him run free instead of filling his head full of defensive sh*t

You need both now to poach Bobby Hill from GWS move and Moore fwd.

Handy debut. Excellent competitor, but I was a bit disappointed that he doesn't get front and centre.
He didn’t look like a front and centre player from his highlights so I wasn’t expecting it.

Wasn't worthy of being dropped, but not yet convinced he will make it. It takes more than tackling to be able to sustain a spot, so he will need to show he can kick goals and be damaging offensively. Agree with earlier posters - i didn't see much pace, and didn't get a sense of above average skills, so jury still out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't worthy of being dropped, but not yet convinced he will make it. It takes more than tackling to be able to sustain a spot, so he will need to show he can kick goals and be damaging offensively. Agree with earlier posters - i didn't see much pace, and didn't get a sense of above average skills, so jury still out.
He is super quick. But playing him out of goal square was stupidity by Buckley

I dont get excited by shiny new toys anymore...to many Ben Crockers of the world.

However liked what i saw

Takes 20 to 30 games to really know.

Just a kid will only get fitter and better

I dont get excited by shiny new toys anymore...to many Ben Crockers of the world.

However liked what i saw

Takes 20 to 30 games to really know.

Just a kid will only get fitter and better
Yeah, he looks like a quicker Ben Crocker to me.

jury also out on posters who say the jury is out on a kid who's played one game and showed a bit - give him a break please

Interestingy our old mate one way runner Treloar had 10 tackles today....

They dont neccessarily go hand in hand. Being a one way runner means you dont run back when the opposition has the ball. It doesnt mean you dont lay tackles in the packs when the ball is contested.

Treloar was removed for salary cap reasons. Any weaknesses in his game (which are real) help us comprehend why he was one of the players sacrificed. But at the end of the day hes a quality player and was traded because of his strengths (that gave him trade value). He wasnt traded because of his weaknesses.

After a good nights sleep I think I might have been a bit harsh on McCreary. I did like his pressure but I just want a small forward who kicks goals, over all this tackling bullshit, goals win games, let him run free instead of filling his head full of defensive sh*t

Would you prefer that the ball ping ponged out of our forward line instead of defensive s**t?

Would like to see Beau get a month of footy atleast. If he's averaging close to a goal a week and 5 inside forward fify tackles then he should hold his spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back