BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll have a massive effect on Portarlington. Their 16's become 17's and their 18's become 19's. Oh, hold on......
If this is Grubber Jim then gloating in others failures is disappointing.
Barwon Heads div 2 premiership is a great result for our club.
Did anyone notice the name of the coach of Queenscliff colts?
That's right my work here is done

If this is Grubber Jim then gloating in others failures is disappointing.
Barwon Heads div 2 premiership is a great result for our club.
Did anyone notice the name of the coach of Queenscliff colts?
That's right my work here is done
Outstanding work.
That's hilarious.....

Portarlington better hope Jesse Smith is "the man" for the next 4-5 years until the juniors can start playing senior football, otherwise things may be dire

He needs to hold onto every players possible from the last few years, because recruiting is only going to get harder, especially if the promotion/relegation is implemented as discussed
Jesse is extremely popular with the playing group so Port are confident he can keep the bulk of the playing group together but you are spot on, with the points system how it works , Port need those kids to get through the system fast.

Port are lucky that most of the Colts boys who played at other clubs did so on permits. Therefore, games there count as Ports as well if they return. Port actually had some boys help the Coutas Colts win the premiership on Saturday.

I see there is an article about the long shot of Luke Hodge suiting up for Colac next year in the Addy this morning.

I've heard Hodge is a sneaky chance to be play 6-8 games at the Grubbers next year. Carmody connection. Good mates who have always wanted to play together again one day. Grove would certainly have spare room in their bottomless salary cap to accommodate this as well of course.

I see there is an article about the long shot of Luke Hodge suiting up for Colac next year in the Addy this morning.

I've heard Hodge is a sneaky chance to be play 6-8 games at the Grubbers next year. Carmody connection. Good mates who have always wanted to play together again one day. Grove would certainly have spare room in their bottomless salary cap to accommodate this as well of course.
Have heard that Tom Lonergan will be playing for the Seagulls as well. Surely these blokes would not put their hands out for money, especially if they are only playing sporadically?
Is it true that all clubs will be on equal points next year? That has big impact on 2 clubs in particular if true.

Dusty also playing for the Grubber$ I've heard.

Salary cap has been increased across both BFL and GDFL.
How does everyone see this?
Good? Bad?

At what point to local clubs become professional, or more so semi-professional? Would it be as simple as a salary cap high enough to pay 22 players $750+ Per week for 6 months??
I wonder how many years or decades, we are from that?...I just find it interesting.... Obviously the population in Europe and whatnot is higher, but the world game has hundreds and hundreds of professional and semi professional clubs... They all (for the most part) started as amateur in their history..

Salary cap has been increased across both BFL and GDFL.
How does everyone see this?
Good? Bad?

At what point to local clubs become professional, or more so semi-professional? Would it be as simple as a salary cap high enough to pay 22 players $750+ Per week for 6 months??
I wonder how many years or decades, we are from that?...I just find it interesting.... Obviously the population in Europe and whatnot is higher, but the world game has hundreds and hundreds of professional and semi professional clubs... They all (for the most part) started as amateur in their history..
Salary caps are irrelevant.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be flying in from Brisbane

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't this ripe for the GFL thread.
Everyone keeps telling me to keep to the right thread.....
Anyway, disappointed to see big Jacob Foot leave the demons.
...along with Wier and Paul Davis.
Welcome to the GDFL in 2019 Portalington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back