Ben Cousins arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea well he already has literally gotten his get out of jail free card with them offering him employment in the first place.
It got to point with him that the cops had said they have had enough of his shenanigans and they cant keep sweeping it under the rug.
That was the last time he was employed by the establishment.

Generally a ‘get out of jail free card’ involves the process of NOT spending nearly a year in prison.

This is not some free pass - this is his family and former employer (and hopefully himself) trying to set up the guy for some sort of stable life when he gets released from a decent stint in jail.

Generally a ‘get out of jail free card’ involves the process of NOT spending nearly a year in prison.

This is not some free pass - this is his family and former employer (and hopefully himself) trying to set up the guy for some sort of stable life when he gets released from a decent stint in jail.
He spent extra time in jail because he failed a drug test while he was in there.
He got released because one of his conditions was immediate employment which of course was covered by the same place that turned a blind eye and covered the behaviour that led to where he is at now.

He spent extra time in jail because he failed a drug test while he was in there.
He got released because one of his conditions was immediate employment which of course was covered by the same place that turned a blind eye and covered the behaviour that led to where he is at now.

Oh yeah...but your issue isn’t about which club it is...jog on mate...

4f4b7b8cce3a920b9263179cb28d7c822cdfaa49e6bcaa2fe215a34a2fc727c8.jpg

WC deserve credit for trying to help him build stability and get his life back on track. They've really learned their lessons as a club and don' deserve all the earlier stuff getting dredged up

God Freo supporters are pathetic.

Most bitter, pathetic supporter group in the land bar none.

God Freo supporters are pathetic.

Most bitter, pathetic supporter group in the land bar none.

Very rich coming from an Eagles supporter.

Most Eagles supporters don't exactly cover themselves in glory either.

Very rich coming from an Eagles supporter.

Most Eagles supporters don't exactly cover themselves in glory either.

Eagles supporters bitter?

Yeah nah.

You don’t see us on here s**t canning a man whose just done a years prison and has simply been offered employment in order to help him get his life back on track.

Most other supporters bar Freo’s see that as a noble and decent thing for West Coast to have done.

You lot on the other hand, would clearly rather of seen him tarred and feathered.

Like I said, pathetic.

Eagles supporters bitter?

Yeah nah.

You don’t see us on here s**t canning a man whose just done a years prison and has simply been offered employment in order to help him get his life back on track.

Most other supporters bar Freo’s see that as a noble and decent thing for West Coast to have done.

You lot on the other hand, would clearly rather of seen him tarred and feathered.

Like I said, pathetic.

You didn't see Eagles fans shitcanning Ben when he was acting up during his playing days either.

Does the banner "We Applaud What You Have Overcome" mean anything?

Noble and decent? It was the bare minimum the Eagles could've done given their previous admin was part of the reason Ben went off the rails as bad as he did.

Now, Eagles fans have shitcanned Freo players who have acted up off the field as well you might find so I think with the greatest of respect, you can't take any moral high ground on this one.

Noble and decent? It was the bare minimum the Eagles could've done given their previous admin was part of the reason Ben went off the rails as bad as he did.

In my mind the AFLPA through their rules that wouldn't allow the club to do it's own drug testing contributed just as much towards the environment that let Ben go off the rails like he did. Don't see them coming out and supporting him now either. What's the bare minimum they should be doing right now to an ex member and player of their association?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't see Eagles fans shitcanning Ben when he was acting up during his playing days either.

Does the banner "We Applaud What You Have Overcome" mean anything?

Now, Eagles fans have shitcanned Freo players who have acted up off the field as well you might find so I think with the greatest of respect, you can't take any moral high ground on this one.
Agree completely, a lot of WCE supporter can’t handle criticism about any of their past or present players wrongdoings, but are the first to have a go at any Freo player in the same situation. A bigger bunch of hypocrites you won’t find anywhere.

Agree completely, a lot of WCE supporter can’t handle criticism about any of their past or present players wrongdoings, but are the first to have a go at any Freo player in the same situation. A bigger bunch of hypocrites you won’t find anywhere.
If Colin Sylvia is a Ex Docker in all the media reports over here , Isn't Ben an Ex Richmond player anyway?

If Colin Sylvia is a Ex Docker in all the media reports over here , Isn't Ben an Ex Richmond player anyway?

Yes he is an ex Richmond player. I’m incredibly proud we supported him, and even more so the eagles are stepping up now

What’s your point?

I
Yes he is an ex Richmond player. I’m incredibly proud we supported him, and even more so the eagles are stepping up now

What’s your point?
made my point in my original post. What didnt you undersrand? I am not critical of Ben working at West coast

I feel that there is only one way that Ben Cousins will ever get off drugs, and I think, unfortunately, it will be his death.

I hope I am wrong. But he kept using at West Coast. His drug use being exposed in the media didn't stop him. Chris Mainwairing's death didn't deter him, being given a second chance at Richmond didn't stop him, getting married didn't stop him, having kids didn't stop it, rehab didn't stop it and prison hasn't stopped it.

It seems that things which would make most take stock and make them think that they need to turn things around and get off the drugs, hasn't stopped Ben Cousins. Nothing has worked so far.

Furthermore, I heard that he still doesn't see it as a problem, not enough to seek help anyway. He can't seem to get past it, and long-term, even if he gets off them, his organs might be so stuffed from drug use, that his long-term future might not be good regardless.

I fear that he might be too far gone. That doesn't mean people should give up on him, but they need to realize that it is unlikely he will ever stop, until it claims him. I really hope I get this wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

I feel that there is only one way that Ben Cousins will ever get off drugs, and I think, unfortunately, it will be his death.

I hope I am wrong. But he kept using at West Coast. His drug use being exposed in the media didn't stop him. Chris Mainwairing's death didn't deter him, being given a second chance at Richmond didn't stop him, getting married didn't stop him, having kids didn't stop it, rehab didn't stop it and prison hasn't stopped it.

It seems that things which would make most take stock and make them think that they need to turn things around and get off the drugs, hasn't stopped Ben Cousins. Nothing has worked so far.

Furthermore, I heard that he still doesn't see it as a problem, not enough to seek help anyway. He can't seem to get past it, and long-term, even if he gets off them, his organs might be so stuffed from drug use, that his long-term future might not be good regardless.

I fear that he might be too far gone. That doesn't mean people should give up on him, but they need to realize that it is unlikely he will ever stop, until it claims him. I really hope I get this wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.
Such is life

I fear you could be correct.

Back in the day, Ben was one of my favourite players, and I find it incredibly sad to see how his life has unravelled.

Such is life

I know your reference is to his tattoo, and it probably reflects his attitude to life as well.

The thing is, he is being selfish, because he is not thinking of those who he would leave behind if he doesn'tr stop and eventually dies from it.

I lost my brother and father in the last two years (due to illnesses, not drugs) and I realised something. That one of the worst things in life (other than dying) is being left behind to grieve those who die.

It changes you forever, and effects every part of your life when you lose someone.

Surely, Ben doesn't want his children to grow up without him, and never get the chance to know him, speak to him, see him again. He should be there for their graduations, their funerals, and his grandchildren down the track. There are more people involved than Ben Cousins himself, and these people should be the reason that he decides to turn his life around. Loved ones are more important than drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back