Toast Ben Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Reid has taken us on a good ride but sadly injuries were often his demons.
I thought he tried very hard yesterday,competing continually but I think his AFL career which has been a credit to him has ended.He will be remembered as a premiership player and an integral part of the club,setting a great example in sportsmanship and humility to his peers.

He was a seriously good footballer in his day, I’m not sure if he goes on next year but some thought needs to go into it. I feel he can still offer us something but body has to keep up with the mind and vice versa.

Love him. But can’t help but think Varcoe would’ve been the best choice.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nah we needed Reid to compete in the air. Giants would have had a field day intercepting everything without him. Varcoe should have played over Brown.

Nah we needed Reid to compete in the air. Giants would have had a field day intercepting everything without him. Varcoe should have played over Brown.

I agree with an out to kick it too. However it became a non factor as Reid is so easy to beat in the air

I agree with an out to kick it too. However it became a non factor as Reid is so easy to beat in the air
I don’t remember Reid being beaten too much, I thought he brought the ball mostly to ground, Mihocek on the other hand...

Surely it’s a fait accompli.

Good bloke, top player for a while there. Sorry to see him go and wish him all the best. Get to work on some father-sons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back