ChrisL#12

Team Captain
Feb 27, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Mavs, Mets, Packers
Ben Cousins has said to the media today that he "absolutely" wants to return to play AFL football again. Could the fairytale come true? Ben Cousins in the St Kilda engine room? We can only hope.

he adds pace fittness and premeirship player if he was fully rehabilitated i think we should take him on then harvey could be used more sparingly until september lol but i think he could fit in well his best mate is at st kida and he hasn't stuffed up yet so who knows we could have some luck for once

I'd get him. Get him out of WA, might do wonders for him. I don't usually care what people do outside football, but with Cousins I think he's actually trying to turn it around and deserves a shot.

I think we have enough second chance players at present. I agree, I do not care what players do outside of football, unless it impacts on their performance. Obvioulsy it does with BC, although I am not concerned what he does to himself, I am concerned what it could do to our club.

I would say the main reason not to touch him is that we seem to have a slef sacrifice culture developing. I would not want that destroyed by bringing in a rotten egg. It could be great, but it is too risky, no matter how good or cheap he would be.

BTW, was he ever charged over the latest incident? And if not, can he be punished by the AFL?

And BC has gone crazy in Melbourne as well, at the crown, although that was "only" booze.

He is a big chance to come to St Kilda. The saints were chasing him during trade week, but the Eagles werent interested at that stage.

He is a class player who has been victimised by the media, and everyone. Its been poorly dealt with and he deserves another chance.

i concur, although I dont think st kilda's brand is tarnish free, its certainly not as bad as some clubs.

if he does come to st kilda I will be silent on the issue and wait for the day we get rid of him.

if he does come back I will call out drug cheat from the stands.

as for fairtail, yeah where the drug cheating, thuggish henchman who cheats and hangs round with gangsters wins the prize :rolleyes:

He wouldn't get through to the Saints anyway if he was fair dinkum.

Do you reckon the Tigers will let him get to Carlton and pair up with Judd again (notwithstanding that the culture is probably one reason Judd left)?

It seems we were "sniffing" around Cuz during trade talks, so it probably won't go away until either the AFL says "no" or the Saints finish reading out their list of names (although maybe they could come out and say "no" soon?).

Do you reckon the Tigers will let him get to Carlton and pair up with Judd again (notwithstanding that the culture is probably one reason Judd left)?

It seems we were "sniffing" around Cuz during trade talks, so it probably won't go away until either the AFL says "no" or the Saints finish reading out their list of names (although maybe they could come out and say "no" soon?).

how good would it have been if we traded our pick 9 for him and he got deregistered as a st kilda player :rolleyes:

thank goodness that trade didn't go through.

Carlton won't be allowed, Judd will tell them no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousins is exactly the type of player we need.

Finally Nexus, i agree with you. Cousins in the midfield, that is a dream. Anyways, it sounds like the police blew this one up over there in W.A. Would be on a minimum salary contract, to be given only one chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back