AFLW Player #??: Bess Keaney - Welcome to the besst club in the AFLW!

Remove this Banner Ad

CrowdedHouse.

ONE OF US!

“I’m thrilled to be joining the Bombers and so grateful for the opportunity to join the club I grew up supporting,” Keaney said."

their vice captain 😂

😍

Bess Keaney is now a Bomber with Essendon facilitating a trade with the Gold Coast Suns today.

Keaney and pick No.72 arrive at the NEC Hangar from Gold Coast, with the Bombers parting with pick No.53.

The Suns’ Vice-Captain, Keaney is an attacking winger with great athleticism and speed.

Drafted in 2020 as a mature-aged player, Keaney has played 39 games across her four seasons.

The 31-year-old played all 11 of the Suns’ games in 2023, including round six, where she recorded a career-high 18 disposals, six tackles and four marks.

A lifelong Bombers supporter, Keaney said she was excited to for the next stage of her career in the red and black.

“I’m thrilled to be joining the Bombers and so grateful for the opportunity to join the club I grew up supporting,” Keaney said.

“It’s clear that the Bombers’ AFLW program is in a really strong position, having made finals this season and with an exciting list of players. I can’t wait to get to the NEC Hangar and meet my new teammates.

“At Essendon, I want to continue chasing improvement in my own game that can hopefully contribute to the team’s success over the coming years.”

AFLW List and Recruiting Manager Georgia Harvey said the club was thrilled to acquire someone with Keaney’s leadership and playing ability.

“We are rapt to have Bess join the club. She’s demonstrated across her four seasons that she has exceptional leadership skills and is highly regarded throughout the league,” Harvey said.

“At 174cm, Bess is coming off a career-best season and will provide us with excellent run and speed on the outside.”

“A lifelong Bombers supporter, we look forward to welcoming Bess and her family to the NEC Hangar.”

The 2023 AFLW Trade Week concludes today, with the AFLW Draft to take place on Monday, December 18.

Outside run is "blistering". I like where the improvements to the list are going.
100% yes. We need some outside speed. Hopefully it helps Clarke having someone else with good speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back