Analysis Best 5 kicking skills

Remove this Banner Ad

When Robbo moves into his, on the edge of the city apartment with Mrs Robbo, there will be plenty of opportunity to hone our kicking skills. Kick to kick in the park across the road with the sherrin will be a chance for many of us to display our kicking and high marking skills.

Darcy Lang's another with lovely skills on both sides. Seemed to be using his left side just for the heck of it in the VFL last week.

Title reads like it's a discussion on kicking mechanics, rather than player analysis... colour me disappointed!

Well, give us your mechanics thesis. I'll read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Less opportunity to get them wrong when he only gets 4-6 kicks a game

You can still get a decent sample size across many games. He's actually good at spotting up difficult options.

I think any talk of Jones being near the top 5 should be all but abandoned now. Even Docherty is has probably slipped out of calculations these days.

It's interesting with Doc, I think his issue is he quite often takes on the looong kicks, like 55m passes, and as such tries to kick the ball too hard and ends up shanking it. To compound the issue he often tries then when running nigh on full speed so isn't settled when trying to kick. Kicking when unsettled and trying to kick too hard = having a bad time.

I think Weiters has pulled away as the best kick. No matter the pressure he's super composed and kicks flat, hard 45-50m passes like it's nothing.

I think any talk of Jones being near the top 5 should be all but abandoned now. Even Docherty is has probably slipped out of calculations these days.

It's interesting with Doc, I think his issue is he quite often takes on the looong kicks, like 55m passes, and as such tries to kick the ball too hard and ends up shanking it. To compound the issue he often tries then when running nigh on full speed so isn't settled when trying to kick. Kicking when unsettled and trying to kick too hard = having a bad time.

I think Weiters has pulled away as the best kick. No matter the pressure he's super composed and kicks flat, hard 45-50m passes like it's nothing.
Jones combines a great kick with poor decision making (at times)...an odd combo.

As for five best on the list...Weitering, Silvagni, Martin, Betts...and I'll pre-emptively slot in Williams on account of RPL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back