Resource Beyond the "66 Game" Rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches' Votes for the last two rounds have been announced...

CARLTON v HAWTHORN
10 Sam Docherty (Carl)
7 Tom Mitchell (Haw)
5 Jed Lamb (Carl)
5 Marc Murphy (Carl)
2 Isaac Smith (Haw)
1 Jarrod Pickett (Carl)

Round 23 only saw Kreuzer with 1 vote.
Perfect i'll add them in. What a game from doch

Was just flicking through the GPS data from earlier in the year.

Marchbank featured prominently on numerous occasions before his injury. Charlie was consistently up there. Plowman was present numerous times and Weitering's name was up there toward the back end of the season.

Having elite talls with elite engines is going to trouble many teams for a long time.

Now we need some elite mids with elite engines.

Was just flicking through the GPS data from earlier in the year.

Marchbank featured prominently on numerous occasions before his injury. Charlie was consistently up there. Plowman was present numerous times and Weitering's name was up there toward the back end of the season.

Having elite talls with elite engines is going to trouble many teams for a long time.

Now we need some elite mids with elite engines.
Yup, the one who impressed me the most though was Murphy. Always up the top.

Bam Bam, pick 3 and pick 10 again moves this reset look that much more tasty. If Lang comes on as a player, we just need games into the kids. Great foundation!
This has been a massive offseason for the Rebuild, obviously Kelly would have been excellent, but our talent levels under 24 look elite.

Cripps, Docherty, Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton, Kennedy, Cuningham, McKay, Pick #3, Pick #10 is a really amazing group

Last edited:
This has been a massive offseason for the Rebuild, obviously Kelly would have been excellent, but our talent levels under 24 look elite.

Cripps, Docherty, Weitering, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton, Kennedy, Cuningham, McKay, Pick #3, Pick #10 is a really amazing group
I think we are doing a lot to make ourselves more attractive to the likes of Kelly in 2 years time. Don't see North looking very attractive to him when he comes out of contract again.

44 games down, 22 remain.
Of the 46 players on the senior and rookie lists at the end of the 2015 season only 14 remain.
I expect by the end of the 2018 draft only 9 will remain.
Massive exodus in that period and a huge influx of young talent. SOS & Bolton have done exactly what they set out to do.
Sustained success will not be far away!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

2/3 of the way into the rebuild. What would be the minimum standard at end of 2018 season to confirm its success? I'm pretty sure our youngsters will have developed nicely however would like to see a few more wins.
My understanding that the intention of the 66 game rebuild is for the "rebuild" to be completed at the completion of 66 games. Therefore, and i believe SOS and Bolts have said this previously - that we should be playing a final (and therefore have 'built' something) by the end of this year. The club will be pushing for finals.

Gibbs leaving definitely affects that and we may see a brief dip in performance.. but thats the goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what our round 1 team will look like tbh. I believe graham will go. Boekhorst will stay (and prove a lot of people wrong). We will be so hard to score against next year with our solid defence. Our forward line will also look better

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

2/3 of the way into the rebuild. What would be the minimum standard at end of 2018 season to confirm its success? I'm pretty sure our youngsters will have developed nicely however would like to see a few more wins.
12th to 8th for me. Sps after a full pre season will show his class above the rest. Kennedy will go bang cripps back to his best. Kruezer to have a AA year pick 3 and 10 to play 15+ games boekhorst to show his worth polson will build get another 7+ games and get better Williamson will hold down a spot in the back line again... McKay will kick 20+ goals c.curnow will get near AA. Docherty to become a established mid And Byrne will fill the void he leaves in the backline And Murphy will be our finisher on the outside with boeky

Cripps, Docherty, Weitering, Marchbank, Plowman, Curnow, Petrevski-Seton, Kennedy, Cuningham, McKay, Pick #3, Pick #10 is a really amazing group

Charts, man.... We want charts!

:cool:

2018 team @ full strength

Simpson L.Jones Plowman
Docherty Marchbank Weitering
Lang Kennedy E.Curnow
SPS C.Curnow Cuningham
Wright Casboult Pickett
Kreuzer Cripps; Murphy
H.McKay Williamson + 2 mid draft picks
In that side there is 15 first round picks lol