BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s Caddy gone to? & which other players leaving ?
I am led to believe he fished around for 2 weeks.

Led to believe he opened up talks with clubs who approached him in the off season

Portcolts (southern) connected to Josh - could not fit in with points but money offered was decent

Braybrook ( western ) . Don’t know the ins and outs

Signed at black rock ( southern div3 ) - connection - south’s 2023 fill in coach Hoy .

Reports say that he and a close friend of caddy’s signed after the first session at black rock . And was made clear they were at peak of the budget set for player payments and settled at base payments .

Rumours of a few players from the 19s and players living closer to Melbourne are fishing around the western and southern leagues .

4 days ago it was posted.

Not a good look as he was a ex south junior .

Souths 19s coach of last year is rumored to be an assistant coach in metro Melbourne to a senior side . Could be the link for the younger players who are looking to make a move in next coming weeks .

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpeg
    IMG_4172.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 41
Darley V Bacchus Marsh RESERVES - last quarter game-day scenes from Round 3 on 27 April 2024 at Darley Park.

Includes the after the final siren shot at goal by Bacchus Marsh to draw the game - did he kick the goal?? You have to watch the video!!

4 days ago it was posted.

Not a good look as he was a ex south junior .

Souths 19s coach of last year is rumored to be an assistant coach in metro Melbourne to a senior side . Could be the link for the younger players who are looking to make a move in next coming weeks .
So if he was an ex south junior why was he 4 points last year and 3 points this year.
He played some juniors at south but not enough to be a 1 point player. The club had asked for some compassion last year to get him down to 1 but league rejected it.
So in fact your totally wrong his not a 1 point player and went to south last year I believe..

Would be nice if people knew facts before posting..

South losing players who stuck around for the long haul .

Mitch caddy first of a handful to make a move.

Reports of Travis singling players out and rippping into them in front of the playing group each week .

Not sure if right way to go, they are undermanned already as it is, players leaving makes it harder to succeed in the future , especially the ones who were committing to playing out there years at south .

If reports are true , Travis will not better the club he will ruin it just like he blew the biggest choke of the year with Sunbury last year missing out after being almost locked in
So who else is leaving then?? Are you actually posting anything that is close to the truth.

In fact hearing they have pulled another good recruit into the club that will play tomorrow.

The guys that played last week might appear again, who knows?? Obviously not Bennell as his over in WA and that will be an expensive exercise. But getting quality in might be a lead in to getting them for next season hence what other clubs do with VFL feeder players.

Can’t see them getting near East Point but hopefully post the bye they will improve significantly. Losing 2 very good players round1 has hurt them big time.

Regarding the coach this is premier country footy if I’m correct?? The club can’t just accept mistakes year after year. If he tells some honest stuff then players need to accept the criticism or feedback? Hence why they recruited from outside.

Cheers

So if he was an ex south junior why was he 4 points last year and 3 points this year.
He played some juniors at south but not enough to be a 1 point player. The club had asked for some compassion last year to get him down to 1 but league rejected it.
So in fact your totally wrong his not a 1 point player and went to south last year I believe..

Would be nice if people knew facts before posting..
Correct.
He played some junior footy there but not enough.
Ultimately, we'll see.
You'd hope that there's a bit of mayo on the story told above & it's just the one departure.

Correct.
He played some junior footy there but not enough.
Ultimately, we'll see.
You'd hope that there's a bit of mayo on the story told above & it's just the one departure.
Team selection they put up so you can see no one followed him. Nothing to hide. He left prior to Sunbury game after round 1 so nothing to do with recruits last week.

Cheers and enjoy the weekend. Always enjoy your posts and the sometimes the rivalry 👍

Very loud whispers in Bendigo footy that Gisborne is Ballarat bound next year. The loss of Kyneton has tipped them over the edge on the decision they have wrestled with for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick gregson - 100 goals tas
Tim quick - deer park superstar
Moi moi - now at Sydney vfl
Tyrell laf ‼️‼️ - now at Sydney vfl
Mykelti legal - Richmond afl signed this year
That ff TUMU - ex nab full timer
Cassius Whyte - sandy vfl
Ayden Reilly- nab recruit
Frost - international representation
Shem tatupu - ex afl vfl

How many of these recruits were realistic ? And by that I mean, in it for the long haul, players you could build a team around, had ties to the region & would of invested in the Ballarat league.

I hate to keep referring back to this, as it seems like a cheap shot, but I still maintain that Souths recruiting drive in 2017/18 sent the club back another 5 years, it hasn’t been able to shake the stigma from that period & its reputation has never recovered.

Look at Sebastopols recruiting drive in that same period, 2017/18 for example, it pretty much ticked every box a club needs when recruiting for a struggling side & it lifted the entire club, through all grades of seniors & juniors.

Proofs in the pudding as to where both clubs currently stand & where they’ve been in recent seasons.

And Sebas were in a worse position than South were in for the majority of the 2000s/2010s.

Good response, Turbo.
Thanks mate appreciate it. Last year did set them back as well but not sure anyone is to personally blame it just the way it turned out. Clubs regroup and go again. They always get reserves up and 19s and have a strong following.

Hey I watched the game of EP v MS last night. Couple of questions, non on field.
-Why does the ball go missing for some time when goals kicked at social club end?
-Why do the visiting side coach from the pocket area? That’s not what I’m used to in this competition as usually both coach from wings and good equal viewing. That’s looks very ordinary for a ground such as eastern oval..

Thanks mate appreciate it. Last year did set them back as well but not sure anyone is to personally blame it just the way it turned out. Clubs regroup and go again. They always get reserves up and 19s and have a strong following.

Hey I watched the game of EP v MS last night. Couple of questions, non on field.
-Why does the ball go missing for some time when goals kicked at social club end?
-Why do the visiting side coach from the pocket area? That’s not what I’m used to in this competition as usually both coach from wings and good equal viewing. That’s looks very ordinary for a ground such as eastern oval..
I think you would class both Maddingley and Darley as having their coaches boxes in the forward pockets. City oval both on the wing

I think you would class both Maddingley and Darley as having their coaches boxes in the forward pockets. City oval both on the wing

Darley and Marsh not as deep in the pocket as East but both the same. Away team disadvantaged badly at East. Mars are way too close for local footy.

Learmonth another 2 years at Redan. Big show of faith, Seems to be doing a good job blooding the kids.

Cassidey out for a few months for Sebas. That Hurts!
They’re not having a great run with injuries.

Last edited:
You hear good things about Learmonth & given they're going through a mini-rebuild, some continuity is great. Good on both sides in getting it done early so they can continue with planning.

It should be a good contest at Clarke.
Marsh v Sebas is another good match up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back