FTA-TV Big Brother 2013 - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm officially over Tim. Cry me a river you flog.

Hopefully Ed goes this week and Tim follows straight after him.

His whole convo with Jade making presents was nauseating.

You're a hard man, VC. I think Tim is just having a bad week. Just about all HMs have had at least one. He certainly isn't doing himself any favours, but he's still my favourite.

You're a hard man, VC. I think Tim is just having a bad week. Just about all HMs have had at least one. He certainly isn't doing himself any favours, but he's still my favourite.
Maybe. He just seems to have become what he's hated.

The whole thing with Boog blew up in his face when he actually got shown up for once, so grabs his blanky and runs off to the other bedroom. The whole thing about 'being there reminded him of Ben/Sisters etc' is obviously bullshit. He went there purely for the cameras and the sympathy vote. No doubt some people will actually believe it.

The whole flour thing was just stupid. If you're going to do a prank at least make it worthwhile.

I may have exagerated my comments because they were fresh in my mind, but i still think it should be a Drew/Tahan final two. Tim has collapsed 10m from the finish line.

Maybe. He just seems to have become what he's hated.

The whole thing with Boog blew up in his face when he actually got shown up for once, so grabs his blanky and runs off to the other bedroom. The whole thing about 'being there reminded him of Ben/Sisters etc' is obviously bullshit. He went there purely for the cameras and the sympathy vote. No doubt some people will actually believe it.

The whole flour thing was just stupid. If you're going to do a prank at least make it worthwhile.

I may have exagerated my comments because they were fresh in my mind, but i still think it should be a Drew/Tahan final two. Tim has collapsed 10m from the finish line.

Wouldn't a prank involve them actually thinking it was snowing (Jade may or may not have?). They jumped on the bed and threw flour on them. Not funny. Not rude. Not inclusive. Just messy.

Tahan and Drew for final 2 Shirley

This is my take on the whole Tim situation.

First off, he looked weak having a little tantrum at Boog. Acted exactly like the worst part of Ed, tried to play it off like he knew something much worse about Boog. When Boog called him on his bluff, he made some weak excuse like "you keep going too far", mate, the problem doesn't lie with Boog, the problem lies with the fact that you can't handle it when the exact same heat is placed on you.

IMO, this is what it would have actually been like, if Justynn was the proclaimed "second Tim". Imo, Boog is like Tim in a social way, and Tim can't handle it. He can't handle being the butt of all jokes, not being the funny one and he's lashed out like a sissy bitch.

I was spewing when he tried to play off his prank as an "inclusive" action. Whether or not it was a mere harmless prank or bullying, is up to perception, but playing it off as an inclusive act rather than exclusive is just clutching at straws.

TBH, Ed didn't need to chime in with his two cents, but Tim completely lost the plot there. And why he had a major sook and whinge afterwards. He's not crying because he feels like the whole house is against him. He's crying because he wasn't able to successfully play himself off as the victim. That's my opinion anyway. He's realised he's made himself look like an absolute tool by getting baited by his emotions, and then you see the subsequent backtracking.

Telling everyone he's had a cry, to garner sympathy. Saying he's missed Ben, Sugar Sisters and Mikkayla, he wants sympathy.

That's a quality assesment Boonana.

I think the other important thing to note is that Ed wasn't saying he felt victimized by the prank, he was saying he could have played it off as being victimized if he chose to. Same as Tim, when Boog had a go at him he can laugh it off and show some humility or he can bitch and moan and play the victim card, he chose the latter, Ed was simply pointing out that he COULD have done the same thing but he didn't because thats stupid (then he went and undid his good work in the diary room). Tim was wrong, he is having a bad week.

I want Ed to go because Jade might go insane without him there and thinking about what he will be doing.

Also did Ed pluck a hair out of Jades mole last night? That relationship got comfortable quickly...

Tim - Was his game to lose but he's done an Ed and stopped short of the finishing line. Was a chance to win early as he had half of the vote by himself. This is not Survivor where you outlast, outwit, outplay, and besides ... seldom does that person win Survivor anyway due to petty grudges. Tim was able to take what he dished out early but has become emotionally fragile and because he is Tim ... it looks fake. I think he does miss other housemates in a way, because he was able to redirect his antics to others and there is not enough people in there for anybody to buy in anymore. That whole 'I wish you'd have my back for once Ed' thing, was asking your worst enemy at school for a truce and it made him weak. He's not going to get enough votes off the fanbase of the other housemates.

Ed - Sanctimonious, dull waffler. Might be level headed in general. Might be a nicer guy out there in the real world. Has proven himself to be hypocritical to the extreme. No excuses for having a go at other housemates for what he himself has done, while downplaying what he did. It would be a terrible result for the future of BigBrother for Ed to win.

Jade - While I am talking about Survivor, she's the hanger-on who makes no moves and gets lead around by the nose for much of the game, largely being inoffensive and invisible. Was one of my favourites early on as I liked the Drade story and even their friendship afterwards. The loss of her friends, especially the Sugar Sisters has driven her to spend 24/7 with Ed and made her more of a non-entity than before. She's fairly likeable, but extremely weak and it would be another poor choice for her to win.

Boog - Has livened up the house but she has the benefit of foresight coming in. I like her but she is a bit over the top and she hasn't had the marathon to endure so we haven't got to see anymore than a hit and run bit of fun from her. I can see that she would be cracking it too if she had been in there since the start.

Tahan - Not one of the boring group but not a front runner as far as starting the fun stuff. Started out being very unlikeable and at various times, an outright bitch. That was all forgiven at the time because she looks good which is a pretty poor reason frankly. However, since her main enemies have gone, she's been largely under the radar and as others implode or their stocks sink lower, she's just there with all her baggage behind her.

Drew - Affable, easy on the eye for the girls, loves getting involved in the hijinx like a naughty schoolboy. He should be a raging hot favourite to win. Why he isn't he? Two reasons. 1. Has been a backstabber extraordinaire for the past several weeks. I don't think he does it as a strategy, I don't believe he has a strategy. He is a diplomat but is irritated by others and voices it to others to vent. It all comes back when you do that. Having said that, every single one of them have proven themselves to be backstabbers. I just think it looks worse when the golden boy of the house does it as they never expected it. Personally good on him for voting for Jade. She was using him as a safety net the whole time. Good on him for telling her to shut up when she is being dumb or preachy. It's out of character though so it hurts him as he alienates all fan bases but his own. We have seen family members vote for him. They see him as a threat and the spread of votes against him now is extensive. Ed, Jade, Tim, Tahan, Mikkayla ... all have voted or had their family throw votes to Drew. He may have some Ben fans on his side however. 2. Tully. It all started here as he hooked up with the then most despised housemate and acted like a puppy dog, taking all she threw at him. What hurt the most is that he contributed to the cheating and lost the vote of most of the female fan base that made him a favourite.

-------------------------------------------

It is starting to look like Tahan is going to be last housemate standing at the right time. Not that she has been the most entertaining or the nicest housemate. Not that she hasn't gone into the diary room and done her own 'woe is me' speeches along with the tears. She won support because she was being a bitch and had a campaign against her and was voted for every week. Tully couldn't gain sympathy for the campaign against her. Mikkayla's came fast and she was gone fast once the hating started. Tahan wasn't against strong housemates when her turn to leave was due and the support of the mean girls and infatuated boys out there kept her going. Now she's toned it down, people forget what she did wrong and remember what the housemates are currently doing. She will get Tully fans, may get Drew fans, may get Ed fans if those two are gone, may get Tim fans. Will only miss on Sugar Sisters and Mikkayla fans and probably Jade fans ... nothing there to lose sleep over. She may be this year's Estelle in terms of fans rallying behind her but Estelle was genuinely nicer (though eccentric) and when it all came down to it, Estelle lost. I'm not sure I see a Layla or Ben 2012 there for Tahan to compete with in the final vote.

All I took out of last nights show is there is nowhere near enough footage from each day to have any idea of what is going on in there. I've watched the Boog/Tim blow up again and the whole thing has been blown out of proportion a bit. I'd have money on it being blown over by tonights episode.

Drew doesnt deserve to win, just for being Tully's bitch.

Tim still is the deserving winner IMO. Overall best housemate.

Agree.

Drew is finishing stronger than Tim which might work in his favour but he was boring as hell when he was Tully's handbag 24/7. Tim has been more entertaining across the whole show so deserves to win.

Tahan doesn't really deserve to win either, apart from providing decent eye candy and bitching about the other girls she hasn't done a hell of a lot.

Drew, Tahan or Tim winning would be a just result in my opinion. Jade and Boog are the least deserving (for wildly differing reasons) and Ed... I really don't like Ed but i have to admit he has shown that he has a spine, his moral compass is horrible off center and i still think he is a total tool but there is a degree of begrudging respect starting to creep in with Ed and i struggle to come up with a reason why he doesn't "deserve" to win (not liking him is not a good enough reason IMO).

I don't want Ed to win but he isn't any less deserving than anyone else, as much as it pains me to say it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Drew is finishing stronger than Tim which might work in his favour but he was boring as hell when he was Tully's handbag 24/7. Tim has been more entertaining across the whole show so deserves to win.

Tahan doesn't really deserve to win either, apart from providing decent eye candy and bitching about the other girls she hasn't done a hell of a lot.

He may have been a handbag but it was far from boring. There was an insane amount of drama in there relationship. Call it immoral, call it wrong but don't call it boring, it was constant fireworks.

He may have been a handbag but it was far from boring. There was an insane amount of drama in there relationship. Call it immoral, call it wrong but don't call it boring, it was constant fireworks.

It was one sided though, most off the time she would flip her lid over nothing then he would stare at Tahan with a WTF look on his face.

I get most of that is his nature and if he was any more relaxed he'd be dead. But apart from being involved in pranks and ripping into the others in the diary room he never did or said anything to really cause drama.

It was one sided though, most off the time she would flip her lid over nothing then he would stare at Tahan with a WTF look on his face.

I get most of that is his nature and if he was any more relaxed he'd be dead and apart from being involved in pranks and ripping into the others in the diary room he doesnt do much. Still he never did or said anything to really cause drama.

Hmmm, i would disagree with that, in any event it doesn't matter, the relationship was many things but it certainly wasn't boring, in fact i would say it was the most interesting storyline the house has had (and i dont mean that in a negative way)

I really don't like Ed but i have to admit he has shown that he has a spine, his moral compass is horrible off center and i still think he is a total tool but there is a degree of begrudging respect starting to creep in with Ed and i struggle to come up with a reason why he doesn't "deserve" to win (not liking him is not a good enough reason IMO).

Boring housemate whose only entertainment value has been his efforts to win the game from the outside and his hypocrisy. He has contributed to the entertainment factor (or at least the dialogue surrounding the house) by virtue of him being the leader of the boring moralising group and not being the prince charming everybody tries to make him out to be. It wasn't a strategy though and he didn't entertain on purpose. Good enough reason for me.

Jade aka Jadaconda, through her desperation and denial has been just as entertaining without meaning to be.

Hmmm, i would disagree with that, in any event it doesn't matter, the relationship was many things but it certainly wasn't boring, in fact i would say it was the most interesting storyline the house has had (and i dont mean that in a negative way)

I found their relationship more annoying then entertaining and was glad when she went coz thats the only thing they would show.

That's a quality assesment Boonana.

I think the other important thing to note is that Ed wasn't saying he felt victimized by the prank, he was saying he could have played it off as being victimized if he chose to. Same as Tim, when Boog had a go at him he can laugh it off and show some humility or he can bitch and moan and play the victim card, he chose the latter, Ed was simply pointing out that he COULD have done the same thing but he didn't because thats stupid (then he went and undid his good work in the diary room). Tim was wrong, he is having a bad week.

Tbh, it wasn't Ed's place to chime in with his comment. But he saved himself because what he said was correct, and Tim furthered his case, by saying some stupid argument like the prank was meant to be a fun game where everyone was included. Get real.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back