Big Day Out 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, Band Of Horses, The Bloody Beetroots Live, Kaskade, Animal Collective, B.o.B, Sleigh Bells, Foals, Alabama Shakes, 360, Crystal Castles, Pretty Lights, Off!, Grinspoon, Against Me!, Nicky Romero, Morgan Page, Gary Clark Jr, Every Time I Die, Delta Spirit, Childish Gambino, Me, Hunting Grounds, JEFF The Brotherhood, Death Grips, Adventure Club, Jagwar Ma, House Vs Hurricane, Avalanche City, Toucan, Helena, Nina Las Vegas and Sampolog

I don't think It's too bad. I guess it's what you're in to.

It's pretty hard to keep the punters happy when there have been 5+ major festivals each year over the last 6-7 years.

There are bands that I haven't seen that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Animal Collective, Vampire Weekend, Sleigh Bells, Foals and Band of Horses.

Possibly Childish Gambino because it's Troy and maybe even B.o.B and Pretty Lights.

Won't be a rush to buy my ticket though.

Sideshowing for sure.

Got some good bands but I reckon there will be a few clashes. Plus the usual JJJ/Bogan crowd.

Animal Collective, Foals, Crystal Castles, Death Grips should be good :thumbsu:

Sideshowing for sure.

Got some good bands but I reckon there will be a few clashes. Plus the usual JJJ/Bogan crowd.

Animal Collective, Foals, Crystal Castles, Death Grips should be good :thumbsu:
My thoughts exactly, add Sleigh Bells into the sideshow list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts exactly, add Sleigh Bells into the sideshow list

Yeh there's a few others I have to check out. Also a moderate fan of YYYs and Band of Horses, and RHCP too I guess to a certain extent.

I've just enjoyed the sideshowing the past few years. It seems a good idea in theory to see so many bands in one day, but the reality is that there is so many timetable clashes and it's often difficult to get a good spot to see your favourite bands.

I saw Foals at Laneway a few years ago and had such an average spot. Was a bit disappointing.

Plus drunk w***ers, idiots on gear, under-agers etc etc.

Yeh there's a few others I have to check out. Also a moderate fan of YYYs and Band of Horses, and RHCP too I guess to a certain extent.

I've just enjoyed the sideshowing the past few years. It seems a good idea in theory to see so many bands in one day, but the reality is that there is so many timetable clashes and it's often difficult to get a good spot to see your favourite bands.

I saw Foals at Laneway a few years ago and had such an average spot. Was a bit disappointing.

Plus drunk Moos, idiots on gear, under-agers etc etc.
Totally agree, especially with the bolded parts.

I saw Foals sideshow last time they were out and it was great, keen to see them live again. Ill probably end up seeing 3-4 sideshows depending on dates and prices. Happy to go to Harvest instead

You would think the RHCP and Killers for starters wouldn't be coming all this way to not to a sideshow or two. The other artists will just be fighting it our for sideshows in the smaller venues.

I like the Killers but not bothered to spend that cash to spend all day just to see them. Fingers crossed they play a sideshow.

Not a terrible line up, but same old same old like every year. Saw Bloody Beetroots and Crystal Castles in the Boiler Room just 2 years ago. How hard is it for Ken to sell the thing to the likes of Depeche Mode, Doves, bands who have not played BDO before? On the plus side Animal Collective is a pleasant surprise and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing RHCP if I do bother to get a ticket. Like many others on here, Soundwave is the only festival I'll definitely go to this summer.

Is there a second annoucement at all? I think I will pass.
The press release last week seemed to indicate there would only be one announcement. I still suspect there might be some further local additions, but I wouldn't be expecting any further big internationals to be added.

From what I've read since the announcement it seems this is the full line up and there is aparently no sideshows! I find that very hard to believe considering every single other year there always has been so that seems a bit ridiculous. Wasn't expecting a great line up so glad I didn't get my hopes up on this. Would be cool to see RHCP but not worth the $165 or putting up with the hipster crowd.
Haven't missed a soundwave since it first came to Melbourne so hopefully their line up is far better than this.

So much for Black Sabbath who were rumoured. Bland lineup. No classic band as opposed to years gone by (The Stooges come to my mind). Not a single band I'm interested in. I know I'm sounding like an old fart but the first BDO in Melbourne was huge - Iggy Pop, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney - a sludge rock celebration. So safe these days. Soundwave potentially far more appealing if some of the rumoured bands eventuate (hello Ghost). I'm guessing Lees and West don't care about the older rock fan such as myself - I guess Dig It Up catered to us in a major way though.

Edit just noticed Off! who were great when I saw them at the Fitzroy Bowls Club - not forking out $165 to see them though

Unless Foals do a sideshow in Perth it looks like i'll be paying $165 to see them :cool:

F**k Foals are amazing live, Commented to my friend the other day Foals could support One Direction and I would prob still go.... :p

So much for Black Sabbath who were rumoured. Bland lineup. No classic band as opposed to years gone by (The Stooges come to my mind). Not a single band I'm interested in. I know I'm sounding like an old fart but the first BDO in Melbourne was huge - Iggy Pop, Sonic Youth, Mudhoney - a sludge rock celebration. So safe these days. Soundwave potentially far more appealing if some of the rumoured bands eventuate (hello Ghost). I'm guessing Lees and West don't care about the older rock fan such as myself - I guess Dig It Up catered to us in a major way though.

Edit just noticed Off! who were great when I saw them at the Fitzroy Bowls Club - not forking out $165 to see them though
I was extremely happy to read not one band that I would have to dish out money to see at the BDO.

Sabbath would not suit the blandness, and as you say, 'safe' line up that BDO now provides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back