BigFooty Bike Store (Bike Advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

starting to ride again on me road bike - Felt. colour of the handle tape is white, but frame is black and red.

should i be changing the handlebar tape to match frame?

gets dirty fast

I'll be selling my beloved Cervelo P3 as I've officially retired from competitive triathlon due to ongoing knee issues :(

But I'll soon be the proud owner of one of these!
Boardman_SLR92S_xl.jpg

I'll be selling my beloved Cervelo P3 as I've officially retired from competitive triathlon due to ongoing knee issues :(

But I'll soon be the proud owner of one of these!
Boardman_SLR92S_xl.jpg

I was going to like this but then i realised that would mean liking that you have retired from competitive triathlon...

Anyway, i like the Boardmans, very nice bikes. What are you after for your Cervelo? (i can;t afford it but i can dream)

I dont mind that Boardman at all.

I recently upgraded my wheels to Enve 3.4s from ZIpp 303s and they are next level. Currently cruising on a Cervelo S5, but lookingto get a new frame this year and seriously considering this (which is big for me as Im a Cervelo man through and through). Its this or an R5.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3296

One of, if not the best looking bike in the peloton are those Canyons! one of those with some Sram red and your Enves.......
Just got some new Dura-ace c24's and I love them!!

Sram Red - how dare you mate.

It will be Dura Ace Di2. Cant go back after you have had electronic.
Di2 just seems a bit boring and clinical, I like my SRAM clunking around and making noise whilst changing.
I plan to put it on my Baum one day in the very, very distant future!!

Di2 just seems a bit boring and clinical, I like my SRAM clunking around and making noise whilst changing.
I plan to put it on my Baum one day in the very, very distant future!!
I'm having this dilemma now, I can either get my Boardman with SRAM Red or Ultegra Di2. The electronic is attractive but so is the SRAM...

Look i think Sram Red is great - no doubt about it. I had Sram on my first bike (not red though) and i thought it was great. Sram Red is also super light.

However, now on Di2 for me there is just no way back. Swift methodical shifting, its just beautiful !! haha

Ultegara Di2 is just as good, just a bit heavier.

I was going to like this but then i realised that would mean liking that you have retired from competitive triathlon...

Anyway, i like the Boardmans, very nice bikes. What are you after for your Cervelo? (i can;t afford it but i can dream)

Not sure yet, I'm thinking $2k but I'm going to have a look on bike exchange and ebay to see what the going rate is.

293538_10150412823507004_5449228_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40% off Jaggad cycling kit today, Judd's part owner. It's great gear and beats forking out $400+ for the likes of Rapha & Cappo!

Looking at a Fuji SST 1.3 - would be great to hear of some experiences with the brand and/or the model. Worth getting etc?

I have a Fuji Altimira 2.0 and i love it, probably a Fuji man for life if the quality stays as good as this is. I rode the SST as well before i got the Altimira and found it very very stiff and aggressive in terms of the geometry compared to the Altimira, but in terms of quality i think they are awesome.

Looking at a Fuji SST 1.3 - would be great to hear of some experiences with the brand and/or the model. Worth getting etc?

I've got a1.3 and I love it. As phantom mentioned, it is very stiff, but it was partly his love of all things Fuji that lead me to get one.

I'm on a s/m frame, so anything that small will be fairly stuff anyway.

was toying between Shiv and Felt IA
I was sure Felt was the go but alas who can get 1?
So Shiv.......ATO says NO!
Shiv is the ugliest Tri bike on the market IMO.

Been keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced Quarq for a while now. Everyone says they're the best training tool
If you get one make sure you get the book Training with Power

If you get one make sure you get the book Training with Power
Just got Carmichael Power Thresholds. Apparently have some "hills" in Cairns to deal with so just doing some ground work.

Hey all. I recently lost my license for 5 months due to losing my demerit points, so I have decided to cycle around places.

I am a part time student, so obviously I haven't got thousands to spend like a lot of other people do. I have around 800 dollars to spend on a bike, then about 2 or 3 hundred on the accessions.

Could anyone give me advice on how to look and buy around my price range? I live two minutes away from Ivanhoe Cycles. I am 182cm and around 100kg not the most fittest bloke going around.. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Hey all. I recently lost my license for 5 months due to losing my demerit points, so I have decided to cycle around places.

I am a part time student, so obviously I haven't got thousands to spend like a lot of other people do. I have around 800 dollars to spend on a bike, then about 2 or 3 hundred on the accessions.

Could anyone give me advice on how to look and buy around my price range? I live two minutes away from Ivanhoe Cycles. I am 182cm and around 100kg not the most fittest bloke going around.. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Are you looking to use it purely for commuting or are you interested in getting into recreational cycling for enjoyment as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back