Chess BigFooty Chess Club v Orbis Centre Club (FINAL SCORE: BIGFOOTY WIN 13-11)

1612942525960.png

BigFooty's third chess match

A new year and a new match! Let's keep up our current good form against the Orbis Centre Club. Signups open until 20 February for all club members and then the match starts. It's 2 days a move which hopefully means the games will be quicker than last time!

Go BigFooty!

Join here!

My man timed out, I notice he's not the only one. Nice easy points but why do people do this?

Yeah I'm surprised there's not more of a penalty in club matches for that.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Busy at work & just blundered my queen making a move on the fly.

Lol.

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
I've got a guy in a match I'm playing for another club, and he just made his moves - inside the last hour of his allotted 3 days. And he does this every time, the wee shite (his avatar looks about 8 years old). Here I am thinking, maybe he will time out this time, but he never does. The way I'm playing just now time outs are my best shot.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s annoying as you lose track of what you are trying to do. My opponents higher ranked (1833 ranking in blitz as well!) but I’m looking pretty good in both games.
I’ve had to use the ‘notes’ section in a couple of games.

just don’t get it confused with the ‘chat’!!!

Apr 23, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Solid games for me so far. Have crawled my King out of a sticky situation in one and just had my opponent spring a trap for their Queen in the other - going to be interesting to see how both play out.
The second one played out with a resignation. One more point for us.

My opponent is now accusing me of cheating....because he is losing.

Yeah, because it’s your fault he missed losing this Queen in both games.

My opponent is now accusing me of cheating....because he is losing.
The dude back from abusing the vacation function?

If you were using an engine it would've shown rook to D8 as soon as he moved his knight, you wouldn't have traded the bishop before the rook move. He could've saved his queen if he were a better player.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
The dude back from abusing the vacation function?

If you were using an engine it would've shown rook to D8 as soon as he moved his knight, you wouldn't have traded the bishop before the rook move. He could've saved his queen if he were a better player.

Strangely enough he didn’t have time to make a move before he went back on vacation....

Strangely enough he didn’t have time to make a move before he went back on vacation....
Surely you'd have a case to ping him for vacation abuse

He went on vacation immediately after blundering the queen (in both games), then came off vacation just to accuse you of cheating (presumably this was done in the chat) and then went on vacation again. Not exactly what the feature is designed for.

Is there any way of getting chess.com to review games?

It feels like like your best option if he's being abusive would be to report the person:

I imagine they would look at the game as part of the complaint.

Back