Suggestion Bigfooty iPhone App

Remove this Banner Ad

It will take you to first unread, though. If it doesn't, then adding a button isn't going to help.
I've just recorded what happens. I'll edit out the bits not needed soon but I'd appreciate it if you watch the video so you can understand what I mean.

You will notice the captain America thread is bolded, indicating that it has new posts I have not seen (I have not gone to this thread since release to avoid spoilers), I click on the link expecting to go to my first unread post. It takes me to the OP (which I understand, the system might not remember that far). However you will notice that I have a Go To First Unread button to click on to take me to where I left off. This button is absent on the mobile browser version (and I am going to assume the app)

That always happens anyway.

Doesn't for me. It will just be the post minus the quote. Always confuses me as to what people are talking about.

Agree with Hard Ball Get - on the website, there is no "spoiler" link. Instead, there's a link at the bottom of the page, saying "Show Ignored Content".

On the iphone app, it says "show spoiler". Also, if someone quotes, (who isn't ignored), then, the original quote from the ignored poster is shown.

What happens on mine though, is this stream of "show spoiler" posts, one after the other, as the ignored posters seem to feed on each other, so thankfully, I avoid reading the quotes :rolleyes:

Also, another thing I noticed, the app is using a lot of battery on background (ios) - (see battery page on ios devices). So, might be worth looking at that. I've turned off the background refresh on the app now.
6c3f72612c535a090c8e6e9b4a4f7ef5.jpg

Last edited:
Just generating a big cache as well. The app is only 50mb, but quickly accumulating a half gb cache...
fdb0dfdb0180e00a59706d8ab26b8d3a.jpg

Tried the app.
Didn't like how it added picture to everything to make it like facebook, so I deleted it.

However, ever since then I now get random notifications for <username x> has started a thread "blah blah blah", there may be more posts after this.

Quiet frankly I don't care if some poster I've never heard of has started some thread I don't care about. But now BigFooty has to tap me on the shoulder to let me know???

Did downloading the app automatically change something in my settings? Although it's pretty random so I'm guessing it's some bug..

Chief how do I disable the 'Bigfooty Daily Picks' notification, or whatever it's called. I can't see an option to turn it off in the notification settings.

Chief how do I disable the 'Bigfooty Daily Picks' notification, or whatever it's called. I can't see an option to turn it off in the notification settings.
The email should have an unsubscribe option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BigFooty app is awful. Can't see my alerts, horrible giant pictures on all the threads which means I can't see all the topics in a list view, I keep getting dings and pop ups every 20 seconds telling me someone has posted something even when I'm not using the app and the background is average. It's basically unusable and almost feels like its a virus infecting my iPad. Horrible. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

The BigFooty app is awful. Can't see my alerts, horrible giant pictures on all the threads which means I can't see all the topics in a list view, I keep getting dings and pop ups every 20 seconds telling me someone has posted something even when I'm not using the app and the background is average. It's basically unusable and almost feels like its a virus infecting my iPad. Horrible. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I use it every day.

Check your settings: you can turn off the preview images.

Check your notifications options: you can turn them off.

You do get alerts - can you see them in the menu?

Background? We don't have one in the app.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey guys just switched form the other forum app to this app and just noticed is doesn't fill up the screen on the s8+ with black bars top and bottom...seems like an easy fix?

Hey guys just switched form the other forum app to this app and just noticed is doesn't fill up the screen on the s8+ with black bars top and bottom...seems like an easy fix?
I'm not sure I know what you mean. I haven't got an S8 to test it out on.

The s8 has a longer screen, instead of using the length to show more forum posts at once your app just has black bars at the top and bottom.
Is it the BigFooty App or the Tapatalk App?

OK.. A bug that's been annoying me a lot on the bigfooty app (on iphone 7).

On the app, somehow, I ended up being subscribed to the Hawthorn forum. Now, I've unsubscribed it using the tick mark, and when I leave the section and come back, I still get the Hawthorn forum as subscribed. Same for the D&T forum.

I've tried clearing the cache, and then going in. Still, I come up as subscribed to the Hawthorn forum and can't get rid of the subscription, despite unticking it.

Also, the website subcriptions and the app subscriptions don't match, because I am not subscribed to the Hawthorn forum on the website, but on the app I am.

OK.. A bug that's been annoying me a lot on the bigfooty app (on iphone 7).

On the app, somehow, I ended up being subscribed to the Hawthorn forum. Now, I've unsubscribed it using the tick mark, and when I leave the section and come back, I still get the Hawthorn forum as subscribed. Same for the D&T forum.

I've tried clearing the cache, and then going in. Still, I come up as subscribed to the Hawthorn forum and can't get rid of the subscription, despite unticking it.

Also, the website subcriptions and the app subscriptions don't match, because I am not subscribed to the Hawthorn forum on the website, but on the app I am.
Yes the App works out its own subscriptions for some silly, but probably logical from their point of view, reason.

I can ask Tapatalk support about this if you like.

Yes the App works out its own subscriptions for some silly, but probably logical from their point of view, reason.

I can ask Tapatalk support about this if you like.

Thanks... much appreciated. It's crazy atm. I've turned off notifications for likes on the websites. But I still get them on the app.

There has to be an easier way to manage subs on the app.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back